111 replies to this topic

#91 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

To add some more pessimism, the "wait til next year" folk sound like our fans in 2009...

#92 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,467 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

If your optimism is gone it is because you have totally unrealistic expectations to begin with. We are ahead of schedule on offense and a little behind on defense largely due to injuries and backups needing work.

I thought we would be 2-6 at the break and think that is exactly where we will be. Nothing has changed here but people unrealistic expectations are being tempered. Newton is not good enough to engineer multiple fourth quarter wins and the defense isn't good enough to make early leads hold up. Most games are won in the fourth quarter and that is not where we have done well. We need work and more time. Anyone who thought we would have a winning record or even close at this point is an idiot.

#93 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,086 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Jesus Christ.....I have never seen so many whiney little bitches in one place in my life.

You people sound like a bunch of 12 yo girls.

#94 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Every week we witness the worst thread yet... shits gettin old.

fixed

#95 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

Jesus Christ.....I have never seen so many whiney little bitches in one place in my life.

I think these suicidal fans need something in their life to live for other than the NFL.

#96 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

I just don't understand how we have a worse defense than last year...

really?

#97 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

fixed

I think these suicidal fans need something in their life to live for other than the NFL.

I'm sorry if you guys are cool with losing and aren't as passionate about the team that I pull for. If you don't care either way then why even watch or follow this team?

Sorry, I wear my emotions on my sleeve (even on the internet) and I want to win.

If you don't like it you're free to move onto one of several other sh*tty threads to talk about how bad they are.

#98 ProBowler

ProBowler

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

There's no need to even be optimistic.

All you need to be is realistic to know that the future is bright for this team. You don't go from the worst in the league to one of the best teams in the league in under a year. People forget that in 2002 we had gut wrenching losses like crazy, similar to this season.

The wins are on their way and they're going to be coming a lot. But this season is all about growing pains.

Except that this team was hardly the wost in the league last year. Our record says we were, but we know better. We went from playoff team in 2009 to worst in 2010, and most of that had to do with coaching and QB issue.

That's like saying we're one of the worst teams in the league right now. I really don't think we are.

#99 Herb

Herb

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Except that this team was hardly the wost in the league last year. Our record says we were, but we know better. We went from playoff team in 2009 to worst in 2010, and most of that had to do with coaching and QB issue.

That's like saying we're one of the worst teams in the league right now. I really don't think we are.

Playoff team in 2009? Far from it. We had major issues and that disappointing season was the final straw for Fox. It's true that we really didn't even try in 2010. The talent is better than the worst team in the league, but the product on the field certainly said we were the worst team. And we earned the worst record to support that.

Of course we aren't the worst team in the league this year. Our record looks much worse that it is. If you see a 1-5 team you would think you're looking at a lifeless team that isn't threatening at all and has no chance to beat you. That's not true of us. We've been in every game and have played great competition. But we haven't learned how to finish yet and that's why we're having growing pains. Last year we were a lifeless, pathetic team. This year we aren't. But it's not like you can just flip a switch and start winning. We have brand new coaches and players. It's gonna take time...

Edited by Herb, 17 October 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#100 Camdemonium

Camdemonium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

I'm sorry if you guys are cool with losing and aren't as passionate about the team that I pull for. If you don't care either way then why even watch or follow this team?

Sorry, I wear my emotions on my sleeve (even on the internet) and I want to win.

If you don't like it you're free to move onto one of several other sh*tty threads to talk about how bad they are.

[IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/50354_2200755293_2142_n.jpg&sa=X&ei=7p6cTrOmHI_TiAKi4pzZDQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFPpXwT1oS6oQWhEorQWP_Yl-wbMQ[/IMG]

#101 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hey I hear you. It's tough to feel like the team isn't getting better.

+ We have our QB for 10 years
- We may have an only average coach

#102 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,857 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

there never was much hope... just a fools hope.

Only good post in the thread fyi

#103 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Not sure how many of you expected any more than 6 wins max from a team coming off of a 2 win season.

#104 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

we have a rookie QB, installed new offensive and defensive systems w/ no offseason, and lost by far our 2 best defensive players and another starter for the season...

realistically, we are probably overachieving given the scenario....a team in the above scenario probably shouldn't of been in every game thus far (not w/ the schedule we have faced)

but people see us overachieving and want us to do it to an even larger degree.....

#105 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

I don't understand how people are still under the impression that this season was about wins and losses. It never was supposed to be about wins and losses. You have to lose to win in this league for any length of time. This season is about personal growth for our franchise quarterback. To learn how to take defeat, cope with it, and move forward.

Cam has invigorated our franchise and the real time for expectations begins next year. I can't even convince myself that anybody thought we were going to win more than 3 or 4 games this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.