24 replies to this topic

#1 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,863 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Falcons defense played lights out. From the tipped ball at the end of the half that went for an INT to the defensive lineman's interception at the end of the 4th that effectively iced the game, the plays made by their guys against an otherwise well-performing offense were outstanding. both of those plays were individual effort that changed the game.

chalk this one up to experience. we're not a playoff team this year, never were. next time bitches. :cheers2:

#2 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

At one point they were 1 for 9 stopping us on 3rd down. That was far from lights out.

#3 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Pass me whatever you're smoking.

#4 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Between our Defense sucking ass and finding a way to lose, we lost another game....we beat the Falcons for 3 quarters...this isn't new...it happens every week.

#5 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Both teams were sustaining long drives, there were hardly any punts. Then, Atlanta's defense made adjustments and dialed up the pressure and it worked. Our defense, meanwhile, continued to take what it was being dealt by the Falcons.

Not sure if it's on McDermott or the guys we have on the field, or both, but it's got to change.

#6 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

both had bad defenses, theres just wasn't as bad as ours

#7 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Better team lost. Screw them.

#8 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

At least PhillyB is trying to give the winner credit. I give rep for that.

#9 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

We lost on the 3rd and 12 play. Ryan got hit, still managed to complete the pass to Douglas, who had a big gain. Defense can't stop anyone besides Jacksonville during a rainstorm. No I take that back, not even then.

#10 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

I'll the defense credit.. the Panthers defense. But I'm glad you gave Atlanta credit. They did play well. For that you get rep.

#11 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

Defensive tackles stink and lbs can't shed blocks

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,368 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

I give them credit for putting themselves in a position to accept the win we handed over.

#13 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Atlanta's defense sucks ass. That DT will come closer to smelling another man's balls than he will to smelling another interception in his career. Byron Bell was terrible, the playcalling was terrible after we went up 17-14 and Atlanta got a luck INT on a tip at the end of the first half. That would have been a Smith TD as he was wide open in the back of the end zone.

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,863 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Atlanta's defense sucks ass. That DT will come closer to smelling another man's balls than he will to smelling another interception in his career. Byron Bell was terrible, the playcalling was terrible after we went up 17-14 and Atlanta got a luck INT on a tip at the end of the first half. That would have been a Smith TD as he was wide open in the back of the end zone.

my point exactly, they made plays when they needed to the most. we didn't. end of story.

#15 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

ATL's defense played far from lights out, but they were opportunistic when it counted and for that they get respect. They don't have much talent on their defense (Abraham was once elite, but is declining and Lofton is a good MLB but that's about it) so their softness is understandable. They played good enough to win against our top 5 offense, so that's all that matters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com