Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead on AMC

1,263 posts in this topic

Posted

Too many plot holes for me. The writing is corny and sometimes downright bad. Like the guy on the roof that they left. They made it very clear they chained the door shut so the zombies couldn't get to him. But MIRACULOUSLY there was another door in which he could escape through but the zombies didn't know about. WTF.

if you stop thinking so much and looking for plot holes you might enjoy it more..

Posted

if you stop thinking so much and looking for plot holes you might enjoy it more..

I mean I still enjoy the show, it's just I've been spoiled by a lot of really good shows lately...

Posted

It's a show about a zombie apocalypse. Suspension of disbelief kind of comes with the territory.

Plot holes generally don't bother me as long as they're not glaring. I used to always watch movies and think "nobody would be stupid enough to do that". However, experience with the general public has taught me that people are, indeed, that stupid.

Posted

I really enjoyed it. When Shane, Carl, and Rick were all in the woods alone I thought they were gonna do a certain scene from the comics where someone dies, but instead I was shocked when Carl was shot.

I don't see how people say that it has shitty writing either. They've done some interesting things and are balancing out all of the characters nicely. Some people are just picky little bitches who get no enjoyment out of anything though, I guess.

Posted

I really enjoyed it. When Shane, Carl, and Rick were all in the woods alone I thought they were gonna do a certain scene from the comics where someone dies, but instead I was shocked when Carl was shot.

I don't see how people say that it has pooty writing either. They've done some interesting things and are balancing out all of the characters nicely. Some people are just picky little bitches who get no enjoyment out of anything though, I guess.

I have been accused of being picky and I am to a certain extent. But I liked The Green Lantern so what do I know.

Posted

Anyone else think the premiere was lacking in many ways?

Meh, the first 30 minutes were intense... after that not so much. Rick's church scene was downright dumb.

why do we have to be snobs about EVERYTHING. sheesh. just once in some of your lives, enjoy something for what it is.

loved the opening episode. i grasp it has to be slightly vague to not show all its cards for the rest of the season. we will see.

We can't discuss what we did and didn't like without being snobs?

Posted

Meh, the first 30 minutes were intense... after that not so much. Rick's church scene was downright dumb.

We can't discuss what we did and didn't like without being snobs?

i look down my nose as i type this. ;)

Posted

yeah that one church scene was a bit drawn out

Posted

I have been accused of being picky and I am to a certain extent. But I liked The Green Lantern so what do I know.

I liked it too. I don't know what people were expecting going in because it was never supposed to be the next Dark Knight. It succeeded at what it was supposed to be, a fun superhero popcorn movie.

I don't put much stock into Green Lantern hate anyways because people hated it for months before it even hit the screen.

Posted

I didn't know much about the character and had low expectations.

Posted

I enjoyed it, but I'm afraid it might be headed the same way as season 1: emphasis on lame human drama and lack of zombies.

Posted

I enjoyed it, but I'm afraid it might be headed the same way as season 1: emphasis on lame human drama and lack of zombies.

Well, the source material (the comics) is mostly about human drama. If you don't want that, you should just give up right now. The comic is more about how humans deal with the world now, with zombies derping around outside. However, the comic was able to explore this without getting too cheesy about it. That's where the show fails with scenes like the church scene, etc.