• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#31 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

b. Punting to Hester is/was fuging stupid. As evidenced by his beating our ass.

rivera controls tackling and pursuit on special teams. baker can spot the ball where he wants it.......ain't that right yo :crazy:

#32 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

Very long; Did Read :thumbsup:

#33 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

rivera controls tackling and pursuit on special teams. baker can spot the ball where he wants it.......ain't that right yo :crazy:

Yeah, punting to the best PR in the game denotes a great, aggressive coaching mind. Only pussies punt it out of bounds.

#34 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH. We'll be fine, even though we never have been. I guarantee it to you. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Fixed for this totally REFRESHING thread.

#35 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

A+ post

#36 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,127 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

i have no meaningful contributions to this discussion.

ftfy

#37 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,891 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, it would suck if someone else was running this team. We might be *GASP* a losing franchise! And we can't have that!

#38 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

ftfy

If I wanted to debate you, I would. I do not want to due to your long winded rant. Thus I gave you a sarcastic reply instead, albeit a truthful one.

#39 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, it would suck if someone else was running this team. We might be *GASP* a losing franchise! And we can't have that!

oh the horror

the good news i guess is today pretty much crushed my hopes so i'll be numb for every loss from here on out(lots of em)

then next year i'll be all happy and stoked for the season only to be crushed again after week 5

#40 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,127 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

That's a moronic outlook to have. There are no guaranteed winning coaches, GMs, players or franchises in any sports league on the planet. None. Judge the front office on their own merits, not on the merits of hypotheticals that have no basis in reality.

Bill Belichick? Lost the Super Bowl in a perfect season. Bill Cowher? 15 years to win one Super Bowl. Jimmy Johnson? 1-15 in his first season. Bill Polian? Credited with building the Colts into a dynasty, now running the Chiefs into the ground.

The current coach has been here all of six games. Hurney has hits or misses just like any GM, and with a little higher risk/reward factor. Cam could be a grand slam, Clausen was a dud. Such is life in the No Fuggin' Logic league.

Edited by fieryprophet, 16 October 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#41 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,469 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

I'm glad they aren't either but not really for the reasons you list.

That's a moronic outlook to have. There are no guaranteed winning coaches, GMs, players or franchises in any sports league on the planet. None. Judge the front office on their own merits, not on the merits of hypotheticals that have no basis in reality.

their own merit being what? we haven't had a winning season in how long, exactly? we just re-signed our core from a 2-14 season and are now in the process of a repeat of that amazing performance. why exactly should we be heaping praise on these guys? Because they got it right with Cam Newton?

#42 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, punting to the best PR in the game denotes a great, aggressive coaching mind. Only pussies punt it out of bounds.

Nobody punts to the sidelines anymore. Neither the Panthers or anyone else. HUGE pet peeve of mine.

#43 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,469 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

More specifically:
1) No poo, we're not paid for this, but then again, the guys that are traded a 2nd to draft Armanti Edwards. You can't fix a defense with midseason trades but you can improve it. Not to mention, it's not as if it was *mid season* when it became apparent we could use an upgrade at DT and CB. There are players out there better than what we have (at DT anyway), so I don't buy that we just can't fix it. Bullshit. We don't want to because the FO wants its guys to step up, and it's worried those guys will lose playing time bringing in anyone better.
2) lol luck, yeah, sorry, if we were 2-3 or 3-2 or something I'd buy it. This team is just bad, no Luck about it.
3) No you're right, one player doesn't. But it wasn't as if we had to do what we did this offseason. It could have played out differently, but JR/Hurney have made it clear they want to build from within instead of go through FA. That's fine and all, but I'm wishing we'd dug a slight bit deeper for another CB and DT.
4) We have no idea if Ron is a "brilliant" coach. We also don't know if it was even his choice to start Cam, but I'll give him credit for sticking with that choice. That doesn't make him a brilliant coach, though, because it doesn't take much to go with the unknown over Jimmy Clausen or Derek Anderson. Everything else we've seen about Rivera has not been even close to overwhelmingly positive. His team lacks discipline, makes mental mistakes left and right. His clock management is poor. His decision making/game planning is strange. Overall, I've not been impressed. I'm NOT saying fire him, but I think it's fair to say he has not looked good so far. I'm willing to give him a break on it but I'd like to actually see this team improve.

How many losing seasons are okay before we get pissed when we start 1-5?

#44 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Honestly, in the multi-billion dollar business that is the NFl, I cannot understand why you wouldn't exploit every advantage.

#45 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts

Ahh yes. Yet another thread complaining about those that complain. Seriously didn't read. I always hate those that pull the "glad you're not a coach" or "glad the fo doesn't listen to you" card or whatever bullsh** along those lines. Its a pathetic and weak arguement. Message boards exist for people to express their opinions. Im tired of the White Knights who think they are superior above everyone else with an opinion. If you have an issue with those that express their concern then leave or dont read. It's that simple. Yes there are some dumb threads out there but I don't even open them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.