Photo
- - - - -

Why Atlanta Won

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

lol Smith was not shut down

#32 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

Turnovers 3-0

"I'll take First stat to look at in determining the outcome of a football game for $100, Alex"

#33 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Whole lot of bad posting going on today.

#34 CarolinaPanthersFan#1

CarolinaPanthersFan#1

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

I'm a huge fan of Cam Newton, but let's face it, he sometimes loses his focus and isn't as accurate he should be and he tries to throw into tight coverage too much.

It's SOMETIMES okay to throw into really tight coverage ... but only IF you are SUPER ACCURATE. If Cam wants to try to make spectacular plays where he's throwing into tight coverage then he's going to have to work harder on his ACCURACY. The DBs in the NFL will show up "out of nowhere" and burn him. They are a lot smarter and faster than Cam probably realizes at this point in his career.

If Cam gets SUPER ACCURATE, he will drive DBs in the NFL crazy ... especially because of his other things he has to threaten them with like his running ability. Cam should work on getting the quickest feet in the NFL.

Cam needs to learn to slide to the very best part of the pocket to throw the ball and then set his feet perfectly for a textbook throwing motion. Drew Brees is very good at this. Drew HAS to be since he's only 6'0". Cam should watch some game film on Brees and other guys like Brady and Peyton Manning.

Drew Brees on "Sport Science"

#35 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Sport Science is stupid.

#36 CarolinaPanthersFan#1

CarolinaPanthersFan#1

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

Sport Science is stupid.

If you watch that Sport Science video of Drew Brees, you gotta admit that he's amazingly accurate. He hit the bullseye over and over. If Cam gets that accurate he's going to be a mega star like Peyton Manning.

#37 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Cam wasn't great yesterday but he didn't play bad. Take the INTS for what they were, two were flukes. One was luck, and one was a bad pass and athletic play by the DT. Both would not have happened if the play were tried again.

Cam is doing great he just needs to improve in the redzone and that will come in time.

#38 CarolinaPanthersFan#1

CarolinaPanthersFan#1

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

I want to see Cam "max out" his talent. I hope his QB coach Shula is able to get him there as soon as he can.

A super smart and super accurate Cam would be a lot of fun to watch. I think he could be the "Michael Jordan of the NFL" if he works hard at his craft.

#39 atljbo

atljbo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

The problem with talented QB's is that they are so talented... They lack on certain fundamentals/technique because they can get by... Thats why you hardly see any QB thats ultra talented max to their ability (AKA VICK)

Back to the OP..... We won this game because we were the better team this sunday... I cant think of one bad call the refs made that whole game for either side... We knew you guys have an explosive offense with a young QB so we banked on making you guys drive down the field and see would the rookie make atleast 1 mistake.... Not give up a cheap 60 yard play.... And on offense we wanted to minimize you guys offensive possession so we pound the rock and ask Matt Ryan to throw big throws on 3rd downs here and their

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

2 PI calls essentially gave the falcons 14 points that they wouldn't have had.

freak tipped ball in the endzone took away an easy TD.

that's the game.

#41 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

I wasnt that impressed with their qb Ryan. I remember he had a lot of hype when he came into the league, but I was really unimpressed with him. He looked like a slightly more experienced Claussen, no pun intended....

#42 NineOhTheRino

NineOhTheRino

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

I'm a huge fan of Cam Newton, but let's face it, he sometimes loses his focus and isn't as accurate he should be and he tries to throw into tight coverage too much.

It's SOMETIMES okay to throw into really tight coverage ... but only IF you are SUPER ACCURATE. If Cam wants to try to make spectacular plays where he's throwing into tight coverage then he's going to have to work harder on his ACCURACY. The DBs in the NFL will show up "out of nowhere" and burn him. They are a lot smarter and faster than Cam probably realizes at this point in his career.

If Cam gets SUPER ACCURATE, he will drive DBs in the NFL crazy ... especially because of his other things he has to threaten them with like his running ability. Cam should work on getting the quickest feet in the NFL.

Cam needs to learn to slide to the very best part of the pocket to throw the ball and then set his feet perfectly for a textbook throwing motion. Drew Brees is very good at this. Drew HAS to be since he's only 6'0". Cam should watch some game film on Brees and other guys like Brady and Peyton Manning.

Drew Brees on "Sport Science"

Cam seems to be spending too much time with his posse in the hood. Some of those mistakes are a clear indication of a lack of preparation.

#43 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

Because the defense couldn't stop a plastic bag being blown across the field.