Photo
- - - - -

Why Atlanta Won

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#41 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

I wasnt that impressed with their qb Ryan. I remember he had a lot of hype when he came into the league, but I was really unimpressed with him. He looked like a slightly more experienced Claussen, no pun intended....

#42 NineOhTheRino

NineOhTheRino

ROOKIE

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

I'm a huge fan of Cam Newton, but let's face it, he sometimes loses his focus and isn't as accurate he should be and he tries to throw into tight coverage too much.

It's SOMETIMES okay to throw into really tight coverage ... but only IF you are SUPER ACCURATE. If Cam wants to try to make spectacular plays where he's throwing into tight coverage then he's going to have to work harder on his ACCURACY. The DBs in the NFL will show up "out of nowhere" and burn him. They are a lot smarter and faster than Cam probably realizes at this point in his career.

If Cam gets SUPER ACCURATE, he will drive DBs in the NFL crazy ... especially because of his other things he has to threaten them with like his running ability. Cam should work on getting the quickest feet in the NFL.

Cam needs to learn to slide to the very best part of the pocket to throw the ball and then set his feet perfectly for a textbook throwing motion. Drew Brees is very good at this. Drew HAS to be since he's only 6'0". Cam should watch some game film on Brees and other guys like Brady and Peyton Manning.

Drew Brees on "Sport Science"

Cam seems to be spending too much time with his posse in the hood. Some of those mistakes are a clear indication of a lack of preparation.

#43 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

Because the defense couldn't stop a plastic bag being blown across the field.