Photo
- - - - -

Maybe time for Capt to come off the bench.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

I'm sorry but how many 3rd and long plays do we have to see Capt give up.

Coaches need to figure out Capt is best as a nickle. Time to give Butler a shot while Hogan gets practice time and works his way on the game day roster.

#2 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

Agree with this. The 3rd down play on the drive where the Falcons either tied the game or took the lead when he gave up the long pass was a killer.

#3 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Butler has played great since his acquisition, he's been well coached in NE.

#4 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

Captain has the potential to be a great nickel, but he shouldn't be a starter. The Butler pick up was excellent.

#5 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

He has definitely been picked on all year. I like Captain tho, he has a lot of heart but i think the writing is on the wall for him. I think a solid dime back at best, Butler has been solid enough to keep on the outside and i hoping Hogan can be a good nickel for right now. Gamble and Butler are just not getting tested like captain is and in those situations you have to step up at some point and make a play so the offense will respect you. Hopefully he does.

#6 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

He has definitely been picked on all year. I like Captain tho, he has a lot of heart but i think the writing is on the wall for him. I think a solid dime back at best, Butler has been solid enough to keep on the outside and i hoping Hogan can be a good nickel for right now. Gamble and Butler are just not getting tested like captain is and in those situations you have to step up at some point and make a play so the offense will respect you. Hopefully he does.

Their is a reason why teams are not trying Gamble and Butler but going at Capt like a fly at a poo farm.

#7 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,607 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Their is a reason why teams are not trying Gamble and Butler but going at Capt like a fly at a poo farm.

Yeah, he's 5' 2" trying to cover an NFL receiver.

#8 maddog

maddog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Kudos to the guy who made this thread! If they are not going to use Captain the way he should be positioned then I have an idea since we are making changes to the D. Switch Captain and Edwerds! Let Captain go back to returning punts and let's see if Edwerds can use his long body in coverage. I know it's sarcasm speaking but I really haven't understood Nanee playing over Lafell either.

#9 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

he .. is .. not .. a .. nickel .. that play was given up as a nickel.
Boundary Corner, and helper in run support.. literal last time i'm gonna say it.

#10 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

I don't know any franchise players that come off the bench. I don't know any Olympian that comes off the bench. I don't know any All-Star that comes off the bench. I don't know any former MVP that comes off the bench. I don't know any first team All-NFL player that comes off the bench. Why Capt. Munnerlyn?:D

#11 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

I like puppies.. I had a puppy named adolf .. he had kittens.

Edited by SCMunnerlyn1, 18 October 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#12 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

when your secondary is young, their backups are babies.

We are a sprained wrist and a dislocated finger away from being in diapers back there.

Play your experience while you can and ride them into the ground.

Last week Atlanta could not put a drive together without big penalties that put them on the one in the first half. I don't think putting youth out there is gonna help that out very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com