Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

/r/nfl trying to say Dalton deserves RoTY over Newton

210 posts in this topic

Posted

Wins work wonders.

Posted

Wins work wonders.

If we had played the Bungles schedule we'd have them in spades.

Posted

while dalton is exceeding expectations as well, he isn't doing what cam is. he's doing more game managing with a great defense than carrying the team on his back all 4 quarters. cam has had to deal with a bottom 3 defense/special teams which keeps blowing games. i'm sure if the QBs switched, cincy would be as good or better and we'd be worse off. also aj green is probably more deserving of the award than andy.

Posted

uhhh this is a fuging joke. well see what dalton does vs the ravens d then we can have this discussion.

i think dalton will be a great nfl qb but he is not doing the same thing newton is doing.

Posted

It helps when your rookie QB has an actual NFL defense to not blow the game when he puts up 400 yards passing.

Posted

inb4grits/blows/his/load/and/derails/thread.

Posted

I cant wait to see how well Cam does against a team he has already played before. If he starts a good record in repeats then its game over.This years schedule may have been the best thing for Newton.

Posted

Wins work wonders.

Yeah, especially when ur on a much better team than the Panthers and u have a,..wait for it...wait for it....top ten DEFENSE with a pretty good offense to aid u in your transition as a rookie QB. Sounds like a very fair comparison cause it seems even some of the folks on this site automatically expected Cam to fix all the issues with the Panthers just by throwing tons of TDs.

Anyway, judging by the fact that Dalton first game out, he left in the first half where he threw one td and the team won 24-20, shows that the Bengals is an already pretty complete team. Any decent QB could be doing what Dalton is doing. Heck Carson Palmer can step in and win games But I'm sure comparing him to Cam, who happens to be on the worst scoring team where QB was the least of their issue, can only help Dalton's cause. And let's not forget his receiver A.J. Green.

I will take nothing away from Dalton cause I never bought into the media spin that this year's drafted QBs were one of the worst bunch. I honestly felt that Jake, Cam, Mallett, Dalton, and even Ponder could excel if placed on the right team. My only suspect was Blaine. I personally felt he was the QB who was more second round pick than first.

Posted

If we had played the Bungles schedule we'd have them in spades.

Correctiom...if u had the Bengals schedule and ur defense/special team relealized that the season has begun, u'd have them by spades.

Posted

Well both have performed very well. Dalton has a much better td to int ratio, while Cam has thrown for more yards. Throw in Cam's running numbers, and he is probably the favorite for now, but not by as much as many panther fans would see it.

Posted

It's week 6, there's not telling who will win. Didn't Vince Young win a couple years ago after only starting like the last 5 games of the season or something? No telling you will win..