205 replies to this topic

#1 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Over in reddit. Most aren't buying it, though.

http://www.reddit.co..._stronger_case/

Ah, the old "media hyping him up" routine. . .

#2 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,590 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

Wins work wonders.

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

Wins work wonders.

If we had played the Bungles schedule we'd have them in spades.

#4 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

while dalton is exceeding expectations as well, he isn't doing what cam is. he's doing more game managing with a great defense than carrying the team on his back all 4 quarters. cam has had to deal with a bottom 3 defense/special teams which keeps blowing games. i'm sure if the QBs switched, cincy would be as good or better and we'd be worse off. also aj green is probably more deserving of the award than andy.

#5 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

uhhh this is a fuging joke. well see what dalton does vs the ravens d then we can have this discussion.

i think dalton will be a great nfl qb but he is not doing the same thing newton is doing.

#6 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:06 AM

It helps when your rookie QB has an actual NFL defense to not blow the game when he puts up 400 yards passing.

#7 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

inb4grits/blows/his/load/and/derails/thread.

#8 t48

t48

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:20 AM

I cant wait to see how well Cam does against a team he has already played before. If he starts a good record in repeats then its game over.This years schedule may have been the best thing for Newton.

#9 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

Wins work wonders.

Yeah, especially when ur on a much better team than the Panthers and u have a,..wait for it...wait for it....top ten DEFENSE with a pretty good offense to aid u in your transition as a rookie QB. Sounds like a very fair comparison cause it seems even some of the folks on this site automatically expected Cam to fix all the issues with the Panthers just by throwing tons of TDs.

Anyway, judging by the fact that Dalton first game out, he left in the first half where he threw one td and the team won 24-20, shows that the Bengals is an already pretty complete team. Any decent QB could be doing what Dalton is doing. Heck Carson Palmer can step in and win games But I'm sure comparing him to Cam, who happens to be on the worst scoring team where QB was the least of their issue, can only help Dalton's cause. And let's not forget his receiver A.J. Green.

I will take nothing away from Dalton cause I never bought into the media spin that this year's drafted QBs were one of the worst bunch. I honestly felt that Jake, Cam, Mallett, Dalton, and even Ponder could excel if placed on the right team. My only suspect was Blaine. I personally felt he was the QB who was more second round pick than first.

Edited by footballisasport, 18 October 2011 - 04:31 AM.

#10 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

If we had played the Bungles schedule we'd have them in spades.

Correctiom...if u had the Bengals schedule and ur defense/special team relealized that the season has begun, u'd have them by spades.

#11 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,494 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

Well both have performed very well. Dalton has a much better td to int ratio, while Cam has thrown for more yards. Throw in Cam's running numbers, and he is probably the favorite for now, but not by as much as many panther fans would see it.

#12 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

It's week 6, there's not telling who will win. Didn't Vince Young win a couple years ago after only starting like the last 5 games of the season or something? No telling you will win..

#13 ProBowler

ProBowler

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

Because he's getting better each week, he has 3 games with over 100% QB rating versus only 1 by Cam, including 2 back to back, the past 2 weeks and ..........he's winning. He's a better game manager so far. He's also proven to be a better 4th quarter QB so far. Andy Dalton has had 4 game winning drives in the 4th quarter which all directly resulted in wins versus 1 by Cam. It's not even close.

Yards mean poo. Wins are what matters. 4th quarter points and drives to seal the game is what makes a QB stand out and a hero.

Edited by ProBowler, 18 October 2011 - 07:11 AM.

#14 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:09 AM

how many pass attempts does Dalton have? Cam's throwing 30-40+ a game

#15 ProBowler

ProBowler

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

how many pass attempts does Dalton have? Cam's throwing 30-40+ a game

And whose fault is that? You wanna blame Dalton for being more efficient with his opportunities than Cam?

They score more points than us. That's what matters. They were able to put up 30 points on the Jaguars. We have had 3, 500 offensive yard games and can't manage to do more than 23 points unless it's in garbage time.

If we score on the 2 drives we typically give away points on then Cam won't have to throw for 40 times a game to try and catch up. But to answer your question Andy's had 189 passing attempts. Cam's got 40 more total for the year or about 7 extra attempts per game. Guess what? Most of those are practice attempts. How many of those have been in garbage time when we already lost the game? How many of those are when we are down going into the 4th quarter? How many of those are because he's less accurate than Dalton?

Edited by ProBowler, 18 October 2011 - 07:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com