Photo
- - - - -

Remember the anti-IDF rant that Fiz "educated" us on?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,394 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Seems the IDF investigated...you know...the thing where they actually interview people involved and potential witnesses...not the hanging of dissenters from bridges and lightpoles...

http://www.jpost.com...rticle/ShowFull

Allegations that IDF soldiers deliberately shot and killed Palestinian civilians in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead have been found to be categorically untrue by official army investigations, an IDF source told The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the results of the investigations have not yet been officially released to the public. He stressed, however that the investigations were close to completion.

The investigations examined claims made by graduates of the Rabin Pre-military Academy during a conference held last month, which were later written up and printed in an academy pamphlet.

Sections of the Israeli media then seized on the claims, and the allegations went on to make headlines around the world.

During the conference, one soldier claimed a marksman opened fire on a mother and two of her children, in full knowledge that they were civilians, after a squadron commander told them to walk into a no-entry zone.

"All of the soldiers who were involved in the conference were questioned - not as a punishment - but in order to understand whether they had witnessed these things. From all of the testimonies we collected, we can safely conclude that the soldiers who made the claims did not witness the events they describe," the source said.

"All of it was based on rumors. In the incident of the alleged shooting of the mother and her children, what really happened was that a marksman fired a warning shot to let them know that they were entering a no-entry zone. The shot was not even fired in their general direction," the source said.

"The marksman's commander ran up the stairs of a Palestinian home, got up on the roof, and asked the marksman why he shot the civilians. The marksman said he did not fire on the civilians. But the soldiers on the first floor of that house heard the commander's question being shouted. And from that point, the rumor began to spread," the source added.

"We can say with absolute certainty that the marksman did not fire on the woman and her children. Later, the company commander spoke with the marksman and his commander. We know with certainty that this incident never took place," he said.

And further...on the UN school bombed...which I ended up being right about...

"Look at the allegation that we killed 48 civilians in a UN school in Gaza. In reality, seven people were killed, and four to five of them were terrorists. The UN apologized, but the damage is done," the source said.

Fiz goes out of his way to believe a bunch of terrorists...

#2 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

:lol:

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

And if you can't trust the IDF to tell us when the IDF is doing something that would hurt the IDF, who can you trust?

#4 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

I'm not even going to touch this argument because I believe both sides are equally horrible, so there's not much to argue. But, yeah, I'd kind of take what the IDF reports with a grain of salt. I would think any intelligent adult would as well....

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,394 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

Just come up with the name of the Palestianian mother and child that was shot by the IDF soldier.

Wait...don't let a Hamas person go get them...liable to end up with a 7.62 round in them....or scare the locals when they jump out of their caskets after the fake funeral procession.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgQLGYb9Xfo[/ame]

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,394 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

yeah...the IDF are horrible. /sarcasm

and No...both sides ARE NOT equally horrible.

#7 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

I always trust information about a group when that info comes from a spokesperson for the group. Oh yeah...that's when you really know the truth.

#8 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

yeah...the IDF are horrible. /sarcasm

and No...both sides ARE NOT equally horrible.

Well opinions are like assholes....

I find it funny that you say "Fiz goes out of his way to believe a bunch of terrorists..." when you automatically believe a report that has every reason to be falsified.

The only thing I'll say about the matter is that Hamas is definitely not an organization worthy of support, but neither is a nation whose policy resembles this:

Posted Image

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,624 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

And if you can't trust the IDF to tell us when the IDF is doing something that would hurt the IDF, who can you trust?

No doubt the IDF is going to bend things in their favor. But I still trust them to be more objective than I do Hamas. Or Fitz for that matter.

#10 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,394 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

The only thing I'll say about the matter is that Hamas is definitely not an organization worthy of support, but neither is a nation whose policy resembles this:

Posted Image

Replace that rocket with a plane. Does it piss you off then? How many deaths at the hands of a terrorist pisses you off...1...2..20...500?

Let us know what number works for you to give a s**t.

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Yes, "being pissed off" is great national strategy.

By your reckoning, how many more times "pissed off" should the Palestinans be right now as compared to the Israelis?

#12 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

Well opinions are like assholes....

I find it funny that you say "Fiz goes out of his way to believe a bunch of terrorists..." when you automatically believe a report that has every reason to be falsified.

Posted Image

Its times like this I miss rep.

That cartoon is soooooo fuging excellent!

#13 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

Yes, "being pissed off" is great national strategy.

By your reckoning, how many more times "pissed off" should the Palestinans be right now as compared to the Israelis?

Israel exists in a tiny sliver of land. Do you think that their "take no crap" attitude might be shaped by that fact?

Imagine if New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland/Delaware all hated New Jersey. Not to mention Ohio, Virginia, and all of New England. If you were New Jersey, and one of those states kept firing rockets into what little land you had by comparison, how would you react?

Edited by Meat, 25 March 2009 - 03:42 PM.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,394 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

Israel exists in a tiny sliver of land. Do you think that their "take no crap" attitude might be shaped by that fact?

Imagine if New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland/Delaware all hated New Jersey. Not to mention Ohio, Virginia, and all of New England. If you were New Jersey, and one of those states kept firing rockets into what little land you had by comparison, how would you react?

"they are nothing but a bunch of pansies" -King Julian

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,662 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

maybe New Jersey shouldn't have stolen the little sliver of land in the middle of all the people who hate them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com