Let's try and keep this a civil discussion people. too many times on this site people grow a big e-peen and try and swing it around and act all badass trying to sound smarter than everyone else. I get it, you are infallible in your logic, and you are smarter than everyone else, we get it, just calmly explain your point of view. this is a DISCUSSION board people, so let's discuss. no need for name calling or overall dickitry.
So please, let's discuss the good and the bad of hurney. I'll start off with a few and you guys add your own thoughts as to where you think they should go:
- Jon Beason and the trade orchestrated to do it all. ended up with 2 pro bowlers because of it.(1st rounder 2007 draft)
- Stewie (1st, 2008 draft)
- Kalil (2nd round the other end of the 07 draft day trade)
- Newton(1st 2011)
- Trading for Greg Olsen(for a 3rd rounder)
- Signing Shockey this past season
- Hardy (6th 2010)
- Charles Johnson(3rd 2007)
- James Anderson
- Jordan Gross
- Clausen (2nd 2010)
- Armanti Edwards Trade (not the pick itself, just what he gave up to make it 3rd 2010, gave up 2011 2nd rounder)
- Jarrett (2nd, 2007)
- The Peppers fiasco... (Franchising him and not getting compensation in his departure)
- ... Which lead to the Delhomme fiasco (giving him too much money in order to work around franchising peppers. Bottom line is Hurney handled the whole Peppers thing incredibly poorly.)
- Everette Brown (2nd, 2009)
- What we gave up to get Everette Brown
- Corvey Irvin (3rd)
- Otah specifically that we traded to get him and he has never been healthy (**Debate if you agree or disagree**)
- Failing to EVER find a #2 receiver to complement Smitty
So what do you have and where should I put it?
Edited by Cracka McNasty, 19 October 2011 - 03:16 PM.