Photo
- - - - -

Hurney (you knew this thread was coming)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
202 replies to this topic

#196 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Would you? What if your employer specifically wanted you to produce the results largely how you have?

Hurney is doing literally exactly what JR wanted him to. Now, in the next couple years if we don't get results, then I think Hurney's job is in jeopardy, because Hurney picked this coach, this quarterback, and this entire team pretty much, and if it fails to produce it's on him.

But JR basically gave him a free pass for the last few years. Having actually talked to JR about the subject of personnel moves when he responded to an email, I would be absolutely astonished if Hurney lost his job any time in the next two years, because going into 2009 JR decided to give Fox "one last chance." After that, they exploded the roster so they knew some of what they had for the next coach in terms of youth.

I agree with what Happy Panther said, this all starts at the top.

edit: Also, I don't know the validity of it, but some have claimed that JR himself was calling the shots on the Armanti trade. I have not seen evidence of this and if anyone does I'd like to see it, but that was a common rumor around here the last couple years.

Owners are not talent evaluators, at least for the most part, so I would hope that JR had nothing to do with the AE mudhole.

#197 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

[quote name='mav1234']Would you? What if your employer specifically wanted you to produce the results largely how you have?

I would. My clients measure the results my work produces.

#198 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

I would. My clients measure the results my work produces.

Your business is not directly analogous to an NFL franchise, though.

Owners are not talent evaluators, at least for the most part, so I would hope that JR had nothing to do with the AE mudhole.

I'm not saying Hurney didn't want him but it wouldn't be the first time an owner expressed desire to acquire a player if it was possible.

#199 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Great Post. This fanbase has been trained to accept mediocrity and it starts at the top.

Yea the top

#200 bdog505

bdog505

ROOKIE

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

look,the new Mantra of this front office is .. Build thru the Draft& sign Core players. This is how MH must operate. The Panthers have decided to diregard hi $ FA (been burnt). This being the reality now, IMO, it is imperative talent evaluation be very good. Talent Evaluator is an area where BIG $ should be spent. We can't miss on 1st thru 3rd round picks under this strategy. MH background at T Evaluation has been OJT here w/ Panthers. IMO Hurney as evaluator of prospects is average.

#201 bdog505

bdog505

ROOKIE

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

Now MH as cap manger. Many of you praise him in this area. I don't. Example, some demand facts, couldn't find enough $ to sign Keydrick Vincent to Veteran minimum, hes gone and we haven't had a real good RG since. I know probably only good for another year or 2.....fact remains.

#202 bdog505

bdog505

ROOKIE

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Alright gotta give MH credit for the Cam pick. IMO this was a rock & hard place pick. Don't take him, Cam becomes great MH eats crow prolly disappears. I've been very pleased w/ Cam. I'll not anoint him franchise until he produces consistently in red zone. Probably too long now. I could go on. Not a MH fan. Although I fear he deals w/ a heavy hand from JR

#203 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

Now MH as cap manger. Many of you praise him in this area. I don't. Example, some demand facts, couldn't find enough $ to sign Keydrick Vincent to Veteran minimum, hes gone and we haven't had a real good RG since. I know probably only good for another year or 2.....fact remains.

ahahahaha this isn't what happened at all with KV