#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

http://www.cbssports...s/post/15765368

14 minutes ago - by Steve Reed - CB Hogan says he's ready to play
CB Brandon Hogan, who practiced for the first time Wednesday, said he feels ready to play. "I’ve just been listening to the doctors and what they’ve been telling me to do," said Hogan, who has been on PUP. "I think (the coaches) were anxious to get me out there and I was anxious to get out there." Panthers RapidReports

Wish we had more details on their first impressions of how he looked today.

#2 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

Yeah coach Rivera was talking about how he looked on Panthers.com "Rivera's Remarks" He probably won't be playing this week. If he does it will only be in special team coverage.

#3 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

if this is just an gain experience season, why not play hogan

#4 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

Cool, thanks! I'm really excited about his potential and think he's got shutdown corner ability long-term but, I'm trying to temper my expectations for this year because I just don't know if he'll be himself 100% coming back this quickly from an ACL.

#5 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,250 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Cool, thanks! I'm really excited about his potential and think he's got shutdown corner ability long-term but, I'm trying to temper my expectations for this year because I just don't know if he'll be himself 100% coming back this quickly from an ACL.

why wouldn't people do this in regard to our entire team? is there really a rational reason to ignore one aspect and approve of another in exactly the same situation?

#6 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Can't imagine he's anywhere near football shape and ready to play... which means he'd be vulnerable to injuries if we stuck him out there right now. You also have to be careful about him playing before he's ready and getting totally abused, which could damage his confidence.

#7 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Can't be any worse than what we have at #2 right now...man it would be amazing if he could show potential of being a longterm player here as a starter, that would eliminate CB from our draft needs.

#8 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

why wouldn't people do this in regard to our entire team? is there really a rational reason to ignore one aspect and approve of another in exactly the same situation?

I've addressed why I'm the way I am about our team in other threads, but to put it concisely in relation to Hogan's case...

The team didn't come into the year with a blown out knee. Each year is a clean slate IMO. Like I've said before, I knew Cam would be good immediately, so I felt it was realistic to win games as well, so I approach the year and each week expecting to win until we knock ourselves out of contention.

#9 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,995 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

I keep forgetting about this guy

#10 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Can't be any worse than what we have at #2 right now...man it would be amazing if he could show potential of being a longterm player here as a starter, that would eliminate CB from our draft needs.

I think we're potentially set at CB long-term as we stand. If Hogan comes in and shows out, we already got Butler and Munnerlyn, who are both really good in different areas, although I think Butler is the better overall player and starter worthy.

#11 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Just listened to Rivera's comments on Hogan and he said he's "excited" to have him out there, said Hogan looks good and shows those "flashes" of why they drafted him. He said Hogan looks explosive coming out of his breaks, just needs to get back to getting his confidence up and refresh his technique.

Sounds like he's gonna get activated from the PUP, but I doubt it happens this week.

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

I think we're potentially set at CB long-term as we stand. If Hogan comes in and shows out, we already got Butler and Munnerlyn, who are both really good in different areas, although I think Butler is the better overall player and starter worthy.

I think so too regarding us being set at CB, but we need to get him some extended playing time before the end of the year, so we know what we have going into the draft.

If CB could be crossed off the list of needs, it would be a great plus for the defense going forward.

#13 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hell no what team are you watching?

#14 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

I hope the kid can come in and play like a beast on special teams. earn himself a role on the defense the old school way

#15 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Hell no what team are you watching?

Ours.

Butler has been awesome aside from being boxed-out by Graham against NO. He's athletic and isn't afraid to hit or tackle.

Munnerlyn has struggled a little bit when on the slot, but for the most part has played really well also.

I don't know if you've noticed, but our problem isn't in pass coverage. 4 of our front 7 sucks and we can't stop the run... Pass coverage has been good, and would be even better if they were protected more up front.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.