Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon Hogan Says He's Ready To Play

73 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we're potentially set at CB long-term as we stand. If Hogan comes in and shows out, we already got Butler and Munnerlyn, who are both really good in different areas, although I think Butler is the better overall player and starter worthy.
Hell no what team are you watching?

Posted

I hope the kid can come in and play like a beast on special teams. earn himself a role on the defense the old school way

Posted

Hell no what team are you watching?

Ours.

Butler has been awesome aside from being boxed-out by Graham against NO. He's athletic and isn't afraid to hit or tackle.

Munnerlyn has struggled a little bit when on the slot, but for the most part has played really well also.

I don't know if you've noticed, but our problem isn't in pass coverage. 4 of our front 7 sucks and we can't stop the run... Pass coverage has been good, and would be even better if they were protected more up front.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ours.

Butler has been awesome aside from being boxed-out by Graham against NO. He's athletic and isn't afraid to hit or tackle.

Munnerlyn has struggled a little bit when on the slot, but for the most part has played really well also.

I don't know if you've noticed, but our problem isn't in pass coverage. 4 of our front 7 sucks and we can't stop the run... Pass coverage has been good, and would be even better if they were protected more up front.

If we could get some damn pressure more than once a game that would help tremendously, I go agree with that...but my god we have to be the worst third down team ever.

Posted

yep. watch him play and get reinjured in the 2nd quarter

Posted

If we could get some damn pressure more than once a game that would help tremendously, I go agree with that...but my god we have to be the worst third down team ever.

Yeah, I think all of those problems can be attributed to the inability to stop the run. It seems like the other team is constantly ending up with 2nd & 2's or 3rd & 2's or something like that, and we've spent the day getting the ball pounded on us...

And when they impose their will on us with the run, it makes the pass game so much easier because we try to send extra pressure to stop it. It's just really ugly right now, but I like what we have in the secondary. The interior line and 2 of the LBs are just horrid right now though.

Posted

It's not like he just all the sudden started range of motion in his knees this week. He was noted as being very quick doing strength and conditioning drills to the side of practice during preseason. Hopefully he's in fine shape and ready to get some experience. I'd kind of expect about the same exposure as Pilares. Hopefully more.

Posted

I don't know much about college football. How did we draft a shutdown corner in round 4?

Posted

Welcome to the reason we didn't trade for a CB

Posted

I don't know much about college football. How did we draft a shutdown corner in round 4?

someone had posted previously that Mayock (who I trust more than any other analyst) said Hogan was the best man coverage guy available in the draft IIRC. I think the reason he fell to the 4th was a combination of the injury and his past legal/off-field issues.

Posted

I've posted this video several times now, but here it is again

Posted

yep. watch him play and get reinjured in the 2nd quarter

I mean c'mon, really? Is there any need to even put that out there?