Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The arrogance of our understanding of early human history.

100 posts in this topic

Posted

its entirely possible there was an advanced civilization previously that we are unaware of simply because we think it is not possible

i think a lot of our ancient societies were more advanced than we give them credit for, especially the ancient egyptians

the arrogance is we assume that they couldn't have possibly been advanced enough to do this

or maybe floppin thinks the arrogance is thinking we did it, when it was really aliens!

Someone's been reading Graham Hancock & John Anthony West :)

There could easily have been advanced civilizations in pre-history before Egypt.

Posted

If you watch the show "Life Without People" EVERYTHING created by man would be destroyed in a little over 50 years. Skyscrapers, roads, bridges, documents, hard drives, and even plastics would get sucked right back into the Earth. You wouldn't even know we existed excepted for stone structures like the Pyramids. It is not really that outrageous to think that maybe an advanced civilization lived on this earth years ago.

And to top it off, the 1,000,000+ stone-ton fragments carried over crazy distances to build pyramids and ancient structures across the globe. Maybe the sites in Egypt, Peru, Java Island, China's Shenshi province, and the very interesting underwater Yonaguni site are all at least 10,500 years old and built from a previous civilization. You've got proof such as the Sphinx dating back at least to 10,000 BC due to erosion studies and the Yonaguni site would have been above land in 10,500 BC, etc.

Graham Hancock, John Anthony West

Posted

Someone's been reading Graham Hancock & John Anthony West :)

There could easily have been advanced civilizations in pre-history before Egypt.

actually i have never heard of them

Posted

transformers built this?

Posted

yah its a giant microwave oven

Posted

like in kick-ass? Kickass!

Posted

actually i have never heard of them

Really interesting read. He used to work for both the Guardian and the Economist when he was a field journalist.

715N3MMHKCL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.gif

Posted

lololololololol

Posted

Call me a skeptic, but I would think that if there was some prehistoric advanced civilization, we'd have found fossil evidence of it by now.

Posted

pffft... not if it sank into the ocean when god/aliens decided to drown the world.

Posted

we may just be looking in the wrong places

Posted

Call me a skeptic, but I would think that if there was some prehistoric advanced civilization, we'd have found fossil evidence of it by now.

Well a lot argue that we have. Ancient egyptians and mayans for some reason reiterate through their inscribings that pyramids were some sort of site handed down to them by a higher being. I think they were just trying to say it was from a previous great global civilization that was almost completely wiped at the beginning of the ice age. I don't think this is a stretch...now the ancient alien crap, yeah that's a stretch

We've obviously found human remains that can date as far back as 30,000 years ago across the globe. As I mentioned, structural evidence has been found and places such as Tiwanaku, Machu Pichu, the Sphinx, and especially Yonaguni. A lot of archaeological findings that we've brushed over without much research are quite interesting. I'm a sucker for alternate-history so this is where i probably sound like a nutjob ;)

And the last ice age melted according to most scholars melted around 10,500 BC many scientists argue caused a polar shift and the melting ice deposits were thus the origin for all of the flood myths.

Just throwing it out there

1 person likes this