66 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

reliability: undetermined with second hand access to information.

rodeo, any post that starts off with "i was once told" or "my daddy said" automatically loses credibility. when you argue or try to make a point, you typically should attempt to speak from actual experience. that post is just hearsay, it doesn't mean anything at all.

i was telling an anecdote, not running for congress. i'm not all that concerned if you believe it or not. i could post the library of congress worth of evidence for the anecdote and you wouldn't bring yourself to believe anything could be wrong with your blessed israel.

#32 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

Israel is basically the South Africa of the 21st century.

#33 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

That's the most ignorant fuging thing I have seen anyone on this board say. EVER! You need to get yourself educated. Please, until then. just read. Maybe do a little posting in the smack forum to get the feel.

#34 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,316 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

fixed that for you. we dump billions upon billions of American taxpayer dollars into building Israel's military.

As part of the Camp David Peace accords, we do give aid to both Israel and Egypt, some of which is used to purchase weapons. Its still a small part of Israel's overall defense budget.

US Aid to Israel in 2007 was 2.4 billion. The Israeli defense budget for 2007 was 7.5% of their GDP or about 14 Billion dollars. So even without US aid, they would still have an impressive military force.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 26 March 2009 - 08:04 PM.

#35 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,316 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hogwash.

I have been there, and Israel is generally more racially accepting and diverse than their neighbors.

You want to talk about racism, try some of the Arab countries. I lived in Bahrain for a year, visited Saudi Arabia several times, and while there are some really nice and decent folks, there is also a lot of racism directed at people from third world nations, in particular Filipinos, Sri Lankans, Indians etc, that come there to work in what is sometimes close to slave labor.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 26 March 2009 - 08:07 PM.

#36 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,843 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hogwash.

I have been there, and Israel is generally more racially accepting and diverse than their neighbors.

Falcons fans are smarter than Dallas fans

#37 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

Falcons fans are smarter than Dallas fans

^^

Ehh.. I have to agree with you on this one.

#38 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

1. A bunch of white people come over and encroach on land inhabited by folks with more melanin in their skin...check.

2. The white people are a racial minority in the general region they inhabit....check.

3. This fact breeds paranoia and fear towards the people with more melanin in their skin that inhabit their country....check.

4. To calm their own fears and paranoia they force the people with more melanin in their skin into segregated areas and force them to live in abject poverty while they live in relative luxury. They also give them little to no political rights and attempt to keep them dumb, poor, and obedient so they won't be a threat.....check, for the most part.

5. As a result of this, the people with more melanin in their skin begin to fight back in an attempt to gain rights, especially political rights. The state responds, but on a much greater and more violent scale compared with what the people with melanin have done to them.....check.

6. Eventually the white people realize they have to concede to the people with melanin in their skin because popular opinion no longer supports them and as a result, they no longer have the financial ability to continue fighting against the people with melanin in their skin and they strike a compromise with them....this is only a matter of time.

The only reason Israel hasn't drawn up a state-sponsored code of laws that officially oppress the Palestinians politically and economically is because it's 2009 and not 1949 and popular opinion wouldn't tolerate it.

#39 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,316 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Americans seem to be under the impression that because Jews in the US are white, Jews in Israel are white. Thats not true. In fact, its diffficult to differentiate between Israeli Jews and Arabs because most of them are similar in appearance. They do dress different though.

Jews and Arabs are both semetic people, their racial heritage is similar.

Any divide in Israel is religious, not racial in nature.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 26 March 2009 - 09:42 PM.

#40 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

1. A bunch of white people come over and encroach on land inhabited by folks with more melanin in their skin...check.

2. The white people are a racial minority in the general region they inhabit....check.

3. This fact breeds paranoia and fear towards the people with more melanin in their skin that inhabit their country....check.

4. To calm their own fears and paranoia they force the people with more melanin in their skin into segregated areas and force them to live in abject poverty while they live in relative luxury. They also give them little to no political rights and attempt to keep them dumb, poor, and obedient so they won't be a threat.....check, for the most part.

5. As a result of this, the people with more melanin in their skin begin to fight back in an attempt to gain rights, especially political rights. The state responds, but on a much greater and more violent scale compared with what the people with melanin have done to them.....check.

6. Eventually the white people realize they have to concede to the people with melanin in their skin because popular opinion no longer supports them and as a result, they no longer have the financial ability to continue fighting against the people with melanin in their skin and they strike a compromise with them....this is only a matter of time.

The only reason Israel hasn't drawn up a state-sponsored code of laws that officially oppress the Palestinians politically and economically is because it's 2009 and not 1949 and popular opinion wouldn't tolerate it.

Jews are white?

#41 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,843 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Jews are white?

the original zionists were from areas like germany, france, poland, and for a large part russia, so while they may not be scandinavian, it's not as if they're arab

#42 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

The people who immigrated to Palestine after World War I were, by and large, from Europe. So yes, they can be classified as white for the purposes of my comparison.

#43 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Also it has been estimated that before 1917, the Jewish population in Palestine numbered around 50,000. It's now around 5.5 million. So either Jews reach sexual maturity by the age of 1 and have the mating habits of rabbits, or the the vast majority of Israelis are of European descent. And if they are of European descent you can bet your ass they consider themselves ethnically and racially different from the native Palestinians.

Edited by SmootsDaddy89, 26 March 2009 - 11:53 PM.

#44 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,316 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:48 AM

Yes, the majority of jews that migrated to Israel after World War II were white. But many of the Jews that have migrated since then come a variety of places. Most of the immigrants nowadays come from Asia and Africa. By 1972, 850,000 Jews had immigrated from Arab nations to Israel. Many more came from Ethiopia.

Also, if you live in sun drenched Israel for a few years, your skin becomes darker. If you go to Israel now, you can't really tell the difference between Arabs and Israelis, at least not by skin color.

Any divides in Israel are based on religion, not race.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 27 March 2009 - 05:58 AM.

#45 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,843 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

allow me now to make sweeping generalizations about the celestial race

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.