Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rippadonn

Save the Raptor

15 posts in this topic

Looks impressive. :P

I'm guessing that those are more than marginally superior to anything we have currently deployed? I guess it's a moot point anyway - as the military will continue to upgrade everything they have - but it seems to me fighters are becoming a thing of the past with more advanced missile systems.

I don't know if they are superior to the latest editions of the F15 or the F-18 Superbug. The point is to keep the qualitative advantage we have so that if a real threat emerges, we don't have to start over again.

I don't think they are becoming things of the past. As missiles become more advanced, so will the fighters ability to evade them. Similar to tanks and anti-tank weapons or swords and shields.

There is definitely a ongoing trend towards multirole platforms though. At least for now, the days of a aircraft that is only a fighter is gone.

With the F-22, these guys will not know it's there until the missiles are incoming.

I saw a show on Discovery once where they were testing the F-22's... they put one F-22 pilot up against the other F-22 pilots in like 8 F-15's, which they had all come from... the F-22 killed all the F-15's (simulated) and the guys in the F-15's literally never even saw the F-22 on radar or visually... and F-15's are some bad ass airplanes.

Raptors scare the poo out of me...

Imagine what will happen in a few years when they come out with the velociraptor. :yikes:

I saw a show on Discovery once where they were testing the F-22's... they put one F-22 pilot up against the other F-22 pilots in like 8 F-15's, which they had all come from... the F-22 killed all the F-15's (simulated) and the guys in the F-15's literally never even saw the F-22 on radar or visually... and F-15's are some bad ass airplanes.

I saw that same show. The F-15 pilots never had a chance against the Raptors.

uunnnnnnnnggggghhhhh oh god this gets me so hard fffffffff

*splurge*