he also played his ass off vs. them as well

#92 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:57 AM

Would it fair to say C.J had a choice, it would be ATL ?

Another case of Peppers down the road ?

He had a choice lol.

As per the question, I'll worry about that in 6 years.

#93 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,829 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

I wonder if other teams have these kinds of things happen or it's just us. Wouldn't shock me either way.

#94 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

Too bad L.A DOESN'T have a football team

In our DIVISION

Fair enough I suppose.

#95 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

What you guys fail to realize is that we sometime wear hats that match our clothes,it doesn't matter to "some" people who is on the front as long as it looks good and matches the outfit, and if it looks good than that's hat you go with, but me my self I fuggin hate the falcotton headed ninny muggins and wouldn't even come close to touching anything that has to do with that team but to each is own... Hope this cleared up some of the confusion so chill out .....

So what you've cleared up is that with $20 million dollars or whatever he earned this year, he couldn't find a hat that doesn't represent a division rival that matches his outfit. Gotcha. All clear now.

#96 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

I have to say, I disagree with his decision. It wouldn't be a problem if it was a UGA, Braves, Hawks, or any other Georgia based club hat. But that's a rival, you don't represent a rival in public. That's just poor form. He's certainly entitled to wear whatever the f he wants, but I still don't agree with it.

A hat from any other sport would have been more tasteful, and I absolutely see your point. I think it's tougher because ATL is in our division. But if memory serves me correctly, Charles Godfrey has a tat of the Houston Texans logo on his hand or arm.

#97 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,598 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:33 AM

pretty much this

I have several MLB hats from various different teams. No reason to think anything of it.

With all due respect, though, I would guess that you didn't just sign a premier contract with one of the rival baseball teams, and that is the difference.

In my opinion, it was incredibly stupid for him to wear this locally and then to tweet the photo for all to see.

When you are a highly paid member of an organization, whether in sports or other industry, you have to understand that you are seen as one of it's representatives, and conduct yourself accordingly.

#98 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:58 AM

Tell me this, if you went on to college and then went on to play for the Falcons but in your spare time still had a soft spot for the Panthers and wore their hat away from your place of work, would it be wrong?

I don't really think so. As long as he's a pro on the field and wants to take Ryan's head off I'm ok with it.

#99 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

The guy was born, raised, played high school and college ball in Georgia. I bet he idolized the Falcons, no reason to hate on a player if he likes another team. Even if they are a huge rival.

Cam is also from Georgia...He said he grew up a Falcon fan. I really doubt he wanted to lose to them on Sunday. Don't really see the big deal with Charles wearing the hat either.

#100 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

This topic is being talked about on The Mac Attack this morning. Steve Smith heard the topic and called in and gave his two cents. Oh wow! That's crazy!

Oh course, Smitty said he has no problem with it.

#101 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,394 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

Since we just played the Falcons, I'm thinking he lost a bet with someone. I'll wait to hear his response before I go hating on one of our best players. There's always two sides to every story!

#102 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,497 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

That's definitely a possibility, and cooler heads always prevail. You speak wisdom, coolpepper. The bet theory is a possibility, and if it's not true you just gave him an easy out :)

#103 Brit-Panther

Brit-Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

Its like Steve Jobs wearing a microsof.....wait.....nevermind

#104 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:09 AM

Can't wait for Cam to start rocking Falcon hats too

#105 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

It's possible CJ doesn't realize how much the fan base hates the Falcons?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com