21 replies to this topic

#1 wesley17

wesley17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

I think we should draft this guy, If we are picking in the 10-15 range or can
trade back and pick him with our first pick and add a second round pick. The guy is a flat out playmaker. Burfict and Beason lined up together in a 4-3 or 3-4 would just be nasty. I wish Thomas Davis could come back and play the rest of his career here but it's just unlikely with the ACL problems.

What do you guys think about picking him up?

Edited by wesley17, 20 October 2011 - 09:58 PM.
grammer

#2 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

concerned about his attitude and coachability but there is no denying his talent.

#3 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

I like his attitude; our D could use some of that and Rivera would keep his ass in check. My concern is his ability to play the weakside in the NFL.

#4 wesley17

wesley17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

what about moving anderson to the weakside and play burfict at strongside

#5 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Don't know that Anderson can play the weakside as well, TBH. It's a thought, and if the coaches feel he's up to it then great, but I'd hate for Burfict to end up having to play out of position.

#6 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,721 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

Didn't Anderson switch over to Weak side the first time that TD went down? They moved Diggs into the line up at SLB and moved Anderson over to Weak side.

#7 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,687 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

breakdown of a few games in 2010

#8 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

His stats have been down this year, I watch him whenever Arizona's games are broadcasted and I haven't been impressed.

#9 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

Beason also had a down year before entering the draft. That said, I just don't think he's a good fit for us unless we really are moving to a 3-4, which I don't believe we are.

I just don't think he can play outside in the NFL. I mean, I could be wrong and I don't think he'd be a terrible strongside 'backer, we need someone on the weakside. I still think he's an inside guy in general, though. Playing him outside would not be using his skillset to its fullest potential.

#10 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

Beason also had a down year before entering the draft. That said, I just don't think he's a good fit for us unless we really are moving to a 3-4, which I don't believe we are.

I just don't think he can play outside in the NFL. I mean, I could be wrong and I don't think he'd be a terrible strongside 'backer, we need someone on the weakside. I still think he's an inside guy in general, though. Playing him outside would not be using his skillset to its fullest potential.

Kinda like what Denver is doing with Miller...I fully agree we shouldn't draft this guy if we're not gonna use him to his fullest potential. I just don't know if that would be the case if we got him. He seems like a playmaker. I'm glad it's not my call.

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,721 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:48 AM

I'm not sure how he would transition, but I'm positive he can play outside to an extent. He's got the speed and athleticism to make it happen at strong side. I agree though that he's better suited for inside regardless of the defensive alignment.

Zach Brown has shot up draft boards and some places have him as a top ten pick. If the Panthers stay in the 4-3, the Panthers will take a hard look at him if they are in the 8-10 range. He's a 6-2 230+ pound linebacker that can run a 4.48 and play all three LB spots well.

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

I'm not sure how he would transition, but I'm positive he can play outside to an extent. He's got the speed and athleticism to make it happen at strong side. I agree though that he's better suited for inside regardless of the defensive alignment.

Zach Brown has shot up draft boards and some places have him as a top ten pick. If the Panthers stay in the 4-3, the Panthers will take a hard look at him if they are in the 8-10 range. He's a 6-2 230+ pound linebacker that can run a 4.48 and play all three LB spots well.

Zack Brown is beast great instinctive player.

#13 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Seems like a perfect canidate to be drafted by the Ravens.

#14 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Seems like a perfect canidate to be drafted by the Ravens.

And that's why we should get him! He adds versatilty. He allows for Panthers to switch up from 4-3 to 3-4 and back through a game. He brings attitude!

My fantasy offseason at the moment:

1st-Vontaze Burfict
2nd-Kendall Reyes
Sign Antonio Garay in free agency!

#15 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

And that's why we should get him! He adds versatilty. He allows for Panthers to switch up from 4-3 to 3-4 and back through a game. He brings attitude!

My fantasy offseason at the moment:

1st-Vontaze Burfict
2nd-Kendall Reyes
Sign Antonio Garay in free agency!

So you want to draft a mlb that you don't even know if he can play outside when we already have one of the best mlbs in the league so we can use him in 3-4 packages on third down. So answer me this, what happens to Charles Johnson in a 3-4, or Greg Hardy, how do you work Anderson in a 3-4....I could go on and on....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com