#16 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,172 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

What does the # of wins have to do with Smith's production this year? LOL

You would think this was an individual sport the way these writers use wins to measure an individual players performance.

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,546 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

You folks need to get over Fox. The reason our team is more exciting this year is because of our number 1 draft pick.

#18 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

You folks need to get over Fox. The reason our team is more exciting this year is because of our number 1 draft pick.

Apparently it is Smitty that needs to get over Fox in this thread.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

What does the # of wins have to do with Smith's production this year? LOL

You would think this was an individual sport the way these writers use wins to measure an individual players performance.

there's no question that smith's better off in this offense with this QB throwing to him than in fox's paranoid preferential system.

the author just made the same remark that a few posters do around here (too often) which is to say that things aren't as great with this team under new coaching because we still only have 1 win out of 6 games. it can get better and i think it will, but as things stand it's hard to dispute that we are a 1 in team and we are still losing.

until that changes, that argument will continue to hang over the panthers heads. it's low hanging fruit for critics, cynics, and trolls.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

Apparently it is Smitty that needs to get over Fox in this thread.

my excitement started with us moving on from fox. that was a long time coming.

my excitement increased when i saw/heard rivera's plans for the team and then the coaches he brought in with him.

drafting newton really helped with the excitement as has the way they are handling him. that is something that a john fox team would never have done.

there is a lot more to be excited about than cam, though it's hard to argue that he isn't the most exciting part of it.

#21 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

I'm excited for a staff that realizes the offense is for scoring points. While we come up short sometimes this season on scoring points on drives, you get the feeling the O will be a machine in the future. It felt like in the past the offense was here to assist the D win games.

#22 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,897 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

I wish 'ol Foxy well...he gave us some major excitement early in this franchise's career but Denver fans are just now getting a feel of what we had to endure for the last 3 years

#23 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Well, he's dead to rights to make comments about his resurgence and why he couldn't go anywhere in the past couple years.

We all bitch about Fox fuging up a team we like... but we are just fans. Steve Smith's career was hampered by Fox and he's putting it all out to dry.

In fact, Rivera is going to have a battle to enstill the left overs of the Fox era with discipline and toughness, and our results so far is evidence of that.

Sure, Smitty can say whatever he wants about his career to the media..

But Smitty is a pro. Fox era is in the past. I think he should not only let it gom, but he should avoid bringing up other teams coaches and other teams players. Just comes off as a bit immature IMO. I got mad love for Smitty and I'm not trying to bring him down. Just would like to see him get over the past. He could take any opportunity to talk about the future of the team.

Examples.

Q. "Hey Steve Smith, you're having a career saving season so far this year. What has been different about you this year as oppose to the past 2 seasons?"

A. "Well to be honest the coaches have done a great job keeping me involved in the game plan, and Cam has done a tremendous job seeing the field and keeping plays alive long enough for my routes to develop down the field."

Q. "Last year this team was in the bottom of the league in offense, this year you guys are around the top, what do you think the new coaching staff has been able to do to turn that around?"

A. "It helps adding a guy like Cam Newton. He brings unbelievable physical tools, a winners mentality, and he comes in and puts on his hard hat and goes to work everyday"

Just some examples. Basic bait and shake questions.. Time to get over it

#24 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

That's right, get it off your chest Smitty...

#25 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

But Smitty is a pro. Fox era is in the past. I think he should not only let it gom, but he should avoid bringing up other teams coaches and other teams players. Just comes off as a bit immature IMO. I got mad love for Smitty and I'm not trying to bring him down. Just would like to see him get over the past. He could take any opportunity to talk about the future of the team.

Examples.

Q. "Hey Steve Smith, you're having a career saving season so far this year. What has been different about you this year as oppose to the past 2 seasons?"

A. "Well to be honest the coaches have done a great job keeping me involved in the game plan, and Cam has done a tremendous job seeing the field and keeping plays alive long enough for my routes to develop down the field."

Q. "Last year this team was in the bottom of the league in offense, this year you guys are around the top, what do you think the new coaching staff has been able to do to turn that around?"

A. "It helps adding a guy like Cam Newton. He brings unbelievable physical tools, a winners mentality, and he comes in and puts on his hard hat and goes to work everyday"

Sure. If you're satisfied with all the robotic, canned answers week after week with nothing worthy of a read.

It is what it is

#26 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

The author can suck a D for that last smartass remark.

Hey its the true and thats what I told the person who said Fox should come back

I mean who looks worst though. The vet HC with vet QB or the first year HC with rookie QB. And our D is actually a little bit better

#27 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

I love ranch.

#28 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,495 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Sure. If you're satisfied with all the robotic, canned answers week after week with nothing worthy of a read.

It is what it is

yeah, fug that..

\/

Examples.

#29 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Am I missing something? Did he say a word that wasn't true? big deal.

Shitty article btw

Smith exaggerated Kyle Orton’s numbers a bit but his point was well made.

oh no poo.

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

the thing with smith is that while he prefers to win, if he's getting the ball and in positions to make plays he still enjoys the game. When we're losing and he isn't getting the ball, he's not very happy, and that is what happened for most all of 2009 and 2010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com