Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox back to the Panthers... as DC?

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How awesome? or how poo would it be? He's never fielded a terrible defense even when key parts were missing. He is sucking major dick over in Denver so what say ye if he got fired this year, how would it feel for him to be back as DC? Do you think Richardson would even do it given the choice?

JUST DISCUSSION GUYS! /zips up flame suit.

Posted · Report post

I want Del Rio, he was the man

Posted · Report post

With the way he went out, I don't think there is anyway he ever comes back - in any capacity.

Posted · Report post

I think the Jon Fox era is officially over. However, I do think Fox is a very smart coach when it comes to defense, and if he ever did end up back here in that fashion, I wouldn't freak out over it.

Plus, I don't think he will be done after this year anyway.

Posted · Report post

i'll stick with mcdermott until he shows me he can't get it done with a healthy and talented defense

Posted · Report post

I don't think a HC would want the previous HC working there. Some of the players may still be Fox guys and favor his leadership over his. Mainly on D.

Posted · Report post

With the way he went out, I don't think there is anyway he ever comes back - in any capacity.

:iagree:

Posted · Report post

Don't know if this organization would bring Fox back under any circumstances... but even if they were willing, Fox and Rivera are from two totally different schools of thought when it comes to defense, so I doubt it would work.

Posted · Report post

Fox ain't coming back. Wouldn't mind seeing Del Rio come back as defensive coordinator, but that would mean firing Mcdermott after one season, and I don't see that happening.

Posted · Report post

2ic1kq0.jpg
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nah....not at long as Richardson is alive/in charge

Posted · Report post

i don't think he can run a solid D in a pass heavy league. he still thinks that run the ball, stop the run is the way to go.

he has a better run D than we have right now, but his defense is worse overall.

plus, we need to have DC that is capable of adapting. that isn't him.

defensive philosophies really don't mesh either. rivera's style is really nothing like fox's, based on history, rivera's will have more success.

ugh...too many things that just wouldn't work and too many reasons why this would NEVER happen.

and it should never happen.