Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox back to the Panthers... as DC?

43 posts in this topic

Posted

I think in a year after players learn this system and we get Beason back, this defense is going to be very good.

We will all be looking at this kind of suggestion and thanking our lucky stars that the bend until you break Fox defense is gone for good.

Posted

I think in a year after players learn this system and we get Beason back, this defense is going to be very good.

We will all be looking at this kind of suggestion and thanking our lucky stars that the bend until you break Fox defense is gone for good.

agreed.

a pass heavy league is no place for a conservative coaching philosophy. it's just can't keep up.

Posted

who secretly want Matt Moore to have a great game against Fox?! I do. Glad we moved on from Moore but Fox mismanaged Moore every season he saw the field.....too late on in 07 and 09...and he completely screwed him week 2 of 10.

Posted

i liked foxy overall, but his defensive playcalling had me screaming at the TV almost as much as on offense. he stubbornly rushed no more than four even when they weren't getting to the QB on their own. Seldom blitzing is a valid defensive philosophy, but when things go poorly (as they do for every defense at one time or another) you want CHAOS!!! if the other team's qb is sitting there patting the ball for 8 seconds before throwing, send 6 guys after him on the next play!

i'd rather live and die by the blitz than watch another minute of foxy's passive, bend-but-dont-break cover 2.

1 person likes this

Posted

I kinda hope McDerm works out.

Posted

We should hire George Seifert as coach, Jeff Lewis at QB, John Fox at DC, Jeff Davidson at OC, and finish 0-16

Posted

I want Del Rio, he was the man

Del Rio was good but also the recipient of a ton of quality Free Agent acquisitions by a GM who could really pick 'em.

Let's see if Rivera and Mcd can get some 3-4 action going.

As to Fox, no fuggin way.

Posted

Posted

PTI style-- 0.3067% chance

Posted

I wouldn't mind Ron taking over the defensive micro and having McD as just the macro guy.

Posted

I dont get it

We have Rivera and McDermott. I think people are forgetting about Rivera

Posted

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.