Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murph

Uh oh

24 posts in this topic

I was a bit quieter than I am now, and partisan politics are in play, but I was also poorly informed, politically, 6-7 years ago... I would say I was far more left leaning before someone introduced me to Ron Paul and others... hell.. I wasn't even a member of the huddle till 2 1/2 years ago (I can't remember) but trust me, I was pretty damn angry and pretty damn vocal about the "Patriot" Act and even more vocal after the first bailout was passed.

btw I love the picture

oh i wasn't referring specifically to reactions on the huddle. i don't take this forum seriously and i'd hope no one else does.

but people who claim that they collected weapons and form militias to protect themselves from government oppression were generally the ones cheering on the things that did the most to strip them of their "liberties" since ww2.

oh i wasn't referring specifically to reactions on the huddle. i don't take this forum seriously and i'd hope no one else does.

but people who claim that they collected weapons and form militias to protect themselves from government oppression were generally the ones cheering on the things that did the most to strip them of their "liberties" since ww2.

The most significant challenge, as I see it, is the reaction between the GOP controllers/pundits and the independants/ third party members/ Ron Paul Baldwin Barr supporters... The movement is gaining traction fairly quickly, and the GOP (especially the neocons) see this. The difference- the third party supporters were just as vocal and just as angry with Bush's abuses as they (we) are with Obama's abuses of the Constitution- meanwhile, most of the GOP sat on their asses with their mouths shut during the previous eight years, calling the Ron Paul people crazy until the Ron Paul people turned out to be right.

Now the GOP and the neocons see the libertarian/ Ron Paul platform gaining traction and popularity, they are either pulling bits and pieces of it for their own rhetoric as they see fit for playing the partisan politics blame game against Obama & Co. (EX: Glenn Beck) ... or... they attempt to assimilate themselves with the Ron Paul message as it is becoming popular- they spout off the same rhetoric, until it is no longer necessary- the result? a puppet candidate like Palin or Jindal using the aforementioned rhetoric to gain popularity, and then continuing with the same movement towards more control through big government just like Bush or Obama... two different brands of the same damn thing with the same damn result.

I suspect we will see the GOP candidate spouting off Constitution this, Constitution that, to win the election, then shedding the empty rhetoric once they have the country behind them. The media give men like Paul plenty of attention now... that is going to end as the 2012 elections grow nearer.. the Ron Paul praise ends as the Jindal/ Palin praise begins... and the cycle repeats.

Sorry that is all kind of jumbled around.. I am very tired.

Is there any evidence that the independents are really gaining any traction. I haven't seen much evidence other than some message board pundits.

John Anderson and Ross Perot performed much better at the polls, but both are now relegated to the dustbins of history.

• Topics

• WaPo isn't partners with the CIA. Amazon Web Services, which sells servers to thousands upon thousands of companies and websites, sold servers to the CIA. You can buy your own now right here. Does that make you partners with the WaPo? https://aws.amazon.com When Jimmy Dore says "600 million dollars is more than the Washington Post is even worth!" he's being a dumbass. The Washington Post didn't make the deal with the CIA so what they're worth is irrelevant. Amazon Web Services sold them servers, and they happen to have the same parent company as the Washington Post. The thing about Jimmy Dore is that he is absolutely utterly obsessed with Hillary Clinton. Like, utterly obsessed. Everything goes back to Hillary Clinton to him, and his obsession has morphed into skepticism of the Russian investigation, because he views it as an excuse for why Hillary lost. He can't accept the Russia stuff being true because if it's true then maybe Clinton didn't lose on merit. And so his skepticism of the Russia investigation has led him down the path of 'well the Deep State is conspiring against Trump' and 'the Deep State is the real true evil.' He fact-checks nothing. It's Alex Jones level poo.
    • Anyone who can equate any modern presidency at any moment in time with the embarrassment we see right now is off their gd rocker. What is really telling is that we now see that Trump can't just be casual.  He can't just talk it up with other peers.  He can't just chill the f*ck out. Seriously....people like this are weird as hell.   It's been obvious he's the head of a business but not a business savvy guy since the Apprentice.  I don't understand why we want the Sharknado meets 80s bad guy of Presidents.