Photo
- - - - -

Uh oh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:34 AM

Of course, the broad sweeping definition of what a terrorist is doesn't mean that the net is more effictive but rather that it is easier, at least in time, to slip through. Allow me to demonstrate.

Statement: Did you catch Leno the other night? The President just kills me some times.

I now qualify as a domestic threat because I used the words "President" and "kill" in the same sentance in a public way. Anyone who has read this may now turn me over to their local department of intelligence (the 'fusion centers' that this report speaks of) and I can be arrested, detained indeffinately without trial, interrogated by whatever means necessary, and if need be all of my property and assests may be seized by the government and never needs to be given back.

Now, how many statements like mine above do you think popped up on the internet when Barry Obama said that retards can't bowl? Imagine if all of them were turned in to the state departments of intelligence. The shear amount of information that would need to be sifted through would staggering. It would take days, weeks even. And all the while, real threats may or may not be floating around in that pile of garbage as well. The longer its there, the more it grows. And if someone finally looks into it, whether or not it is seen as a threat depends entirely on that person being able to recognize something different about it, like an accountant that needs to able to spot the clerical error of a 1 where a 2 should be when they've done nothing but stare at numbers for three days straight.

Of course, none of this should be a surprise to anyone. We've been living under these conditions since October 2001. I've also been considered a domestic terrorist since Febuary of 2004 when I supported and helped campaign for Badnarik for President. The SSA folks are nice enough, and I would like to point out that the problem isn't with them. The problem lies in the fact that citizens are encouraged to turn each other in, and the YouTube generation that could prove rather deadly.

Ok, I'm done. Peace!

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:28 AM

If you had supported Goodnarik, that would not have happened, terrorist.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:46 AM

it's not like all you gun toting hicks will do anything to stop the government anyway

bush walked all over you for 8 years and you took it like a prom queen

http://triton.images...e=640&ysize=480

#19 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

I admit we missed our chance while Bush had so many troops committed overseas. *sigh*

#20 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

it's not like all you gun toting hicks will do anything to stop the government anyway

bush walked all over you for 8 years and you took it like a prom queen

http://triton.images...e=640&ysize=480

I was a bit quieter than I am now, and partisan politics are in play, but I was also poorly informed, politically, 6-7 years ago... I would say I was far more left leaning before someone introduced me to Ron Paul and others... hell.. I wasn't even a member of the huddle till 2 1/2 years ago (I can't remember) but trust me, I was pretty damn angry and pretty damn vocal about the "Patriot" Act and even more vocal after the first bailout was passed.

btw I love the picture

#21 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

I was a bit quieter than I am now, and partisan politics are in play, but I was also poorly informed, politically, 6-7 years ago... I would say I was far more left leaning before someone introduced me to Ron Paul and others... hell.. I wasn't even a member of the huddle till 2 1/2 years ago (I can't remember) but trust me, I was pretty damn angry and pretty damn vocal about the "Patriot" Act and even more vocal after the first bailout was passed.

btw I love the picture

oh i wasn't referring specifically to reactions on the huddle. i don't take this forum seriously and i'd hope no one else does.

but people who claim that they collected weapons and form militias to protect themselves from government oppression were generally the ones cheering on the things that did the most to strip them of their "liberties" since ww2.

#22 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

Teh Huddle is not serious?

#23 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

oh i wasn't referring specifically to reactions on the huddle. i don't take this forum seriously and i'd hope no one else does.

but people who claim that they collected weapons and form militias to protect themselves from government oppression were generally the ones cheering on the things that did the most to strip them of their "liberties" since ww2.

The most significant challenge, as I see it, is the reaction between the GOP controllers/pundits and the independants/ third party members/ Ron Paul Baldwin Barr supporters... The movement is gaining traction fairly quickly, and the GOP (especially the neocons) see this. The difference- the third party supporters were just as vocal and just as angry with Bush's abuses as they (we) are with Obama's abuses of the Constitution- meanwhile, most of the GOP sat on their asses with their mouths shut during the previous eight years, calling the Ron Paul people crazy until the Ron Paul people turned out to be right.

Now the GOP and the neocons see the libertarian/ Ron Paul platform gaining traction and popularity, they are either pulling bits and pieces of it for their own rhetoric as they see fit for playing the partisan politics blame game against Obama & Co. (EX: Glenn Beck) ... or... they attempt to assimilate themselves with the Ron Paul message as it is becoming popular- they spout off the same rhetoric, until it is no longer necessary- the result? a puppet candidate like Palin or Jindal using the aforementioned rhetoric to gain popularity, and then continuing with the same movement towards more control through big government just like Bush or Obama... two different brands of the same damn thing with the same damn result.

I suspect we will see the GOP candidate spouting off Constitution this, Constitution that, to win the election, then shedding the empty rhetoric once they have the country behind them. The media give men like Paul plenty of attention now... that is going to end as the 2012 elections grow nearer.. the Ron Paul praise ends as the Jindal/ Palin praise begins... and the cycle repeats.

Sorry that is all kind of jumbled around.. I am very tired.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Is there any evidence that the independents are really gaining any traction. I haven't seen much evidence other than some message board pundits.

John Anderson and Ross Perot performed much better at the polls, but both are now relegated to the dustbins of history.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com