Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton a product of his system?

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Lets not forget Derek Anderson had a pro bowl year under chud...So unlike Indy, I feel if Cam went down we would have little to no drop off in the passing game... (rushing would obviously take a hit) I feel the coaching staff feels the same and that is why Anderson got a 5 year deal...The offense is built solely around a strong arm. Yes it does require accuracy but for the most part it's about stretching the field. Cam Newton is amazing don't get me wrong, but I feel if he went any where else we wouldn't be comparing him to the MJ of the NFL. Chud deserves a deal for the ages for the way he turned this O around. It's plug and play for years to come Panther's fans enjoy!

Posted · Report post

Jimmy Clausen respectfully disagrees!

Posted · Report post

Every team builds around their QB and what their QB can do. This offense is perfect for Cam. I wouldn't say he is a product of the system because that takes credit away from him. The fact is, he is a star and having a heck of a season for a rookie. Or for anybody.

Posted · Report post

lol

Posted · Report post

He made the system. He's not a product of it. Even Chud said he's been working hard since the offseason to taylor the system to Cam's talents. This is not the same offense they ran in Cleveland.

Posted · Report post

I'm not taking anything from him he's amazing, but do you think there would be a massive drop off if he got hurt and Anderson had to fill in? I know we wouldn't be winning as much or in as many games, but I feel the O would still generate points.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rainwater']He made the system. He's not a product of it. Even Chud said he's been working hard since the offseason to taylor the system to Cam's talents. This is not the same offense they ran in Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

A lot of it is...It's this same layout with wrinkles for Cam...When Anderson went to the pro bowl it was all about stretching the field, Braylon Edwards had 13 touchdowns...

Posted · Report post

The evironment is a product of Cam.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lomez']The evironment is a product of Cam.[/QUOTE]

right u are ken!

Posted · Report post

Global warming is a direct result of Cam Newton. These are facts.

Also:

[IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/armybratgurl500/Fail%20Pics/ifindthisthread.jpg[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

lol at thinking clausen could make downfield throws. he couldn't even make shorter throws, which should have been his strength

Posted · Report post

The passing game is built around Cam's ability to throw the ball downfield with accuracy.
Derek Anderson, bless his heart, doesn't have a howitzer for a right arm.
I feel like the OP doesn't fully appreciate Cam's armstrength.
He's gotta have one of the strongest arms in the league.