• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lout

Jason Baker

I don't look at it analytically either.

he's struggled to kick it out of the endzone with the new kickoff location....I could be wrong but I can only think of a couple times he's been able to. That's not up here with the strongest legs in the league.

24 touchbacks on 38 kickoffs

I don't look at it analytically either.

he's struggled to kick it out of the endzone with the new kickoff location....I could be wrong but I can only think of a couple times he's been able to. That's not up here with the strongest legs in the league.

I think he has done it a lot.

He has 24 touchbacks in 38 kicks which is better than Gostowski (15-37) and Crosby (24-47) (the only two i checked)

How can he have a net average of 43 yards when his punt average is only 40 yards? His net average can't be higher than his punt average..

Because of returners recording negative returns - pretty obvious really...

The fact that his net would be higher than his average is sentiment to how little returners have done outside of those two returns.

I dont care as long he never kicks it to Hester again. Even if the coach tells you to kick it to Hester you say "fug you I want to win" and kick it OUT OF BOUNDS!

The highest punter in the league is averaging 52.2 (Lechler), and Baker is at 40. Lechler is a beast, and don't expect anyone to beat him out, but there are 4 Punters over 50 this year. 12 yards difference per punt is significant, No?

Any yet on average he gives10 yards to the returner every punt. Considering that Baker had 29% of his punts returned, Lechler has a fairly significant 61.8% of his punts returned. He also has a fairly low hang time (5.30) for his distance.

Lechler can boot it out the stratosphere, but he certainly gives returners the chance to get up a head of steam...

We are 6th in touchbacks. Mare's leg is not a problem.

Okay here is a stat to go along with the original theme of this thread...our opponents have the lowest net yards per punt. It sure isn't because we are getting big returns. So what is up with that?

Theories?

Okay here is a stat to go along with the original theme of this thread...our opponents have the lowest net yards per punt. It sure isn't because we are getting big returns. So what is up with that?

Theories?

It has been said that we leave our returner with few blocking for him. It could be that we are attacking the LoS to force the punter to kicker higher rather than longer?

Because of returners recording negative returns - pretty obvious really...

The fact that his net would be higher than his average is sentiment to how little returners have done outside of those two returns.

Negative punts don't happen often.. this is unrealistic, and no punter in the NFL has a punt average less than their net average..

Theories?

Interesting stat if true. I have no clue how to explain that.

Theories?

They are in better field position on average against us.

Negative punts don't happen often.. this is unrealistic, and no punter in the NFL has a punt average less than their net average..

Of course, but without those two returns, Baker would have almost an even net to his average. Believe it or not Baker has produced a higher net average than average in 3 of his 7 games this season. Another game allowed 0 return yards and only 2 games (which we have referenced) have allowed the opposition to get over 10 yards.

You are so obsessed with trying to average things, but you simply can't do this with such a small data set.

The coverage units looked much better today, but, sadly and expectedly, Baker did not...

At this point, Matt Dodge (the guy who Coughlin bitched out last year for punting to Desean Jackson, putting a nail in the coffin of their epic meltdown loss to the Eagles) is a free agent. We should give him a call, at least he's young and sucks. :lol: