Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dontari Poe DT

32 posts in this topic

Posted

why is there no highlights of him no where?

Posted

I think getting bigger and stronger at DT is about as important as more experienced. McClain's size and speed is fine as a UT but it seems Fua is just too small and weak to anchor the NT spot. If he could get bigger and stronger he could still be the answer, but the problem with him seemed to me to be more getting blown off the line rather than not knowing assignments and nuances of the game.

:sigh:

Posted

Maybe I'm crazy for comparing Claiborne to Gamble. If that's the case then I've just lost my mind.....

"Junior defensive lineman Dontari Poe was named to the All-Conference USA second team he has made 30 starts for the Tigers during his three-year career. He tallied 33 tackles, including 18 solo stops, and was third on the team in TFL with eight for minus 26 yards in 2011. Poe also posted a sack, three pass breakups, five quarterback hurries and one forced fumble. He matched his career high in tackles with eight against Marshall. At the post-season banquet, he was named an MVP as well as the Defensive Player of the Year. Poe was named to the 2009 C-USA All-Freshman Team and was an honorable mention All-C-USA selection" two years in a row

Sound like another big strong defensive end that went in the second round?

" Kris Jenkins played college football at the University of Maryland, where he started 27 of 41 games. He made the second team All-ACC during his senior season. He finished with 9.5 sacks and 154 tackles"

By the way his scouting report from nepatriotsdraft.com

Strengths: Unreal combination of size, bulk, length and strength – Good strength through his lower body – Ideal 4-3 DT, with the size to be a 3-4 nose – Good first step, especially early in games – Has a better motor than you’d expect out of a 350 pound prospect – Shows quality change of direction ability for his size – Penetrates easily when singled – Very good tackler, if he gets a piece of the ball-carrier, he is going down – Diagnoses plays quickly – Incredibly high ceiling – Team captain.

Weaknesses: Not an ideal nose tackle despite his size, plays on skates at times – Doesn’t disengage well against double teams – Gets a bit high at times with his pad level – Not a dynamic pass-rusher at this point, needs to add to his rip move – Draft stock based a lot on potential at this point (sounds like Cam)

Posted

Hey fugtards we arent swtiching to a 3-4.

Maybe mixing it up, but we are not switching.

I wouldn't be so sure. For every quote of Rivera's saying that they would like to have more 3-4, there is also McDermott saying that they would love to evolve into a 3-4.

There's also quotes of McDermott saying he and Rivera talked about it, and they believe that it's the only way to stop all of these new tight ends are matched up with.

Besides, calling people fugtards for debating what Sean McDermott said he would like to do, is pretty fugtarded itself.

Posted

Can someone put up some highlight videos of Poe. Thanks!

Posted

Can someone put up some highlight videos of Poe. Thanks!

I've searched pretty hard and haven't been able to find anything. If we could pull a Cleveland and trade down into the mid to low 20s (coincidentally where they drafted Phil Taylor who was a similar prospect to Poe I think) , he'd be a top candidate in my mind.

Posted

I can see a trade down. Yet I wonder if Still was still on the board:D, who would we choose between the two?

Posted

here is another name i keep hearing about that may shoot up the board. Star Lotulelei DT from Utah.

edit nevermind just seen he plans on coming back for his senior year.didnt even put his name in.