Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Federal court blocks intrusive North Carolina abortion law

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

any government oversight that prevents this and puts makes the event a less flippant act...the better.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/27/us-crime-abortion-pennsylvania-idUSTRE79Q7GK20111027

Do you believe that if abortion were outlawed, that this kind of thing wouldn't happen? Really? Yes, the back alley and coat hanger would be much better.

Posted · Report post

we need more abortions.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think we can all agree on that.

Posted · Report post

I think women who get abortions should be sterilized and lose parental rights to any previous children.

Any woman who would have the procedure I would consider subhuman and I doubt a 4 hour lecture would do much to heal them spiritually.

Posted · Report post

I think women who get abortions should be sterilized and lose parental rights to any previous children.

Any woman who would have the procedure I would consider subhuman and I doubt a 4 hour lecture would do much to heal them spiritually.

In many cases, having an abortion is the responsible thing to do.

Posted · Report post

What is the logic in that?

Posted · Report post

What is the logic in that?

To discourage the person from having an abortion. Less abortions=more Democrat voters and increase state-sponsored spending on healthcare. That's why the social conservatives want to legislate abortions.

Posted · Report post

the law will probably stand. government can require a grace period before going through with the abortion, and the doctor is allowed to persuade the woman out of it. under current supreme court precedent, the nc law is good. i don't see anything wrong with it. if you want to make that decision, make a wise one. after all, you don't buy the first car you see, do you?

Posted · Report post

the law will probably stand. government can require a grace period before going through with the abortion, and the doctor is allowed to persuade the woman out of it. under current supreme court precedent, the nc law is good. i don't see anything wrong with it. if you want to make that decision, make a wise one. after all, you don't buy the first car you see, do you?

Constitutional issues revolve around making the mother listen to the fetus' heartbeat.

Posted · Report post

"clumps of cells" rarely have heartbeats. It's helping form an INFORMED choice.

Remember...these women were too stupid to understand the proper use of birth control. Right?

Posted · Report post

"clumps of cells" rarely have heartbeats. It's helping form an INFORMED choice.

Remember...these women were too stupid to understand the proper use of birth control. Right?

Not too stupid, but generally, too irresponsible.