Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duke is no longer GREAT

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Shouldn't you change your name to Panthers1stFalcons2nd after the way the NFC South race shook out last year? :D

It's not meant to indicate division standings. I was born and lived in Greensboro for 7 years before moving to Atlanta. This was prior to Carolina getting a franchise so i became a Falcons fan and a UNC fan. Kind of fun explaining that when everyone calls me a bandwagon fan.

Posted

It's not meant to indicate division standings. I was born and lived in Greensboro for 7 years before moving to Atlanta. This was prior to Carolina getting a franchise so i became a Falcons fan and a UNC fan. Kind of fun explaining that when everyone calls me a bandwagon fan.

I knew that it wasn't meant to indicate division standings....otherwise you would have been Falcons 4th the year before last.

Posted

Dook is elite and will be as long as K is there. They've missed on some recruiting targets...It happens.

Posted

Dook is elite and will be as long as K is there. They've missed on some recruiting targets...It happens.

Thank you.

Posted

I knew that it wasn't meant to indicate division standings....otherwise you would have been Falcons 4th the year before last.

Well i joined the board in the offseason of 05 i believe.

Posted

fug Brian Zoubeck!

We need a rebounder so bad it's ridiculous. Ever since Sheldon Williams left we've had nothing. Yes, I know Duke didn't get far in William's/Redick's last year, but that was because that Duke team had other weakness. This year, we had three good starters: Singler, Henderson, Scheyer...and one good bench player: Nolan Smith. And one other with potential (if he can fix his horrendous shooting): Williams. but there was no presence inside, and no point guard, and every time Duke has won a championship under Coach K, they're had both those things.

Posted

fug Brian Zoubeck!

We need a rebounder so bad it's ridiculous. Ever since Sheldon Williams left we've had nothing. Yes, I know Duke didn't get far in William's/Redick's last year, but that was because that Duke team had other weakness. This year, we had three good starters: Singler, Henderson, Scheyer...and one good bench player: Nolan Smith. And one other with potential (if he can fix his horrendous shooting): Williams. but there was no presence inside, and no point guard, and every time Duke has won a championship under Coach K, they're had both those things.

Basically this. They've got two promising players incoming who could be that presence inside, and if they get Wall too, they could very well be back on top again next year.