Photo
- - - - -

Flu Shots, 60% of the time, it works all the time.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

I've never had a flu shot and don't believe in taking medicine unless I'm in severe pain or something is life threatening.

My logic behind this is that I believe the medicine makes you weaker and more dependent. Maybe I'm just incredibly healthy but I rarely get ill and haven't been sick to my stomach since elementary, I only get a bad cough when the seasons change and it goes away after a week or two left alone.

#62 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

I have had the flu Shot once in m life. 3 weeks later I was sicker than I ever had been. Never again.

Flu shot is a small dose of actual flu virus. It injected into ur system so ur immune system can kill it and become immune to it. The problem is sometimes immune system fails to kill the virus and you end up with full blown flu which you can end up spreading to other people. Isn't it awesome how it works? Then, pharmaceutical companies sale you tamiflu and zithromax and other make u feel good drugs for crazy money.

#63 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

I have had the flu Shot once in m life. 3 weeks later I was sicker than I ever had been. Never again.

Btw, you got my pm?

#64 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

I only get the flu when I get the flu shot. Luckily my immune system is more awesome than Cam Newton beast mode on steroids... so, 3 hours after my symptoms start, I'm good.

#65 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

oh look another youtube hoax vid from venom

#66 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

oh look another youtube hoax vid from venom

Hoax?? What are you talking about? Of course Inside Edition is going to come out and try to say it wasn't because of the vaccine...thats establishment standard operating procedures 101. I know the Doctor personally (Dr. Buttar) who worked with this Redskins cheerleader and was able to cure her from the extreme illness the vaccine had caused.

#67 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Flu shot is a small dose of actual flu virus. It injected into ur system so ur immune system can kill it and become immune to it. The problem is sometimes immune system fails to kill the virus and you end up with full blown flu which you can end up spreading to other people. Isn't it awesome how it works? Then, pharmaceutical companies sale you tamiflu and zithromax and other make u feel good drugs for crazy money.

Um, no.

Flu Myth #3: The flu vaccine can give you the flu.

This is the flu myth most likely to drive experts bonkers. “There is simply no way that the flu vaccine can give you the flu,” says Hay. “It’s impossible.”

Why? For one, injected flu vaccines only contain dead virus, and a dead virus is, well, dead: it can’t infect you. There is one type of live virus flu vaccine, the nasal vaccine, FluMist. But in this case, the virus is specially engineered to remove the parts of the virus that make people sick.

Despite the scientific impossibility of getting the flu from the flu vaccines, this widespread flu myth won’t die. Experts suspect two reasons for its persistence. One, people mistake the side effects of the vaccine for flu. While side effects to the vaccine these days tend to be a sore arm, in the past, side effects often felt like mild symptoms of the flu. Two, flu season coincides with a time of year when bugs causing colds and other respiratory illnesses are in the air. Many people get the vaccine and then, within a few days, get sick with an unrelated cold virus. However, they blame the innocent flu vaccine, rather than their co-worker with a runny nose and cough.

http://www.webmd.com...op-13-flu-myths

Again, I really don't care if any of you get the flu, just get your facts straight.

Most people that got "the flu" after the flu shot got a common cold variant.
Real flu kicks your ASS.
hard
You never forget it, and you can barely get out of bed.

#68 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

That's a problem with america. People think doctors are always right. I worked with doctors for years, they always give you poo you don't even need. That's why there is Walgreens and CVS on every corner. People in US eat prescription drugs like candy cause doctor said its good for them.

I don't think doctors are always right.

I do think doctors know more about medicine than you.

#69 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hmm listen to my doctor or someone on a message board.

you say that now but the only time I've gotten the flu in the last 10 years was the one time I got the flu shot, I know makes perfect sense doesn't it

#70 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

you say that now but the only time I've gotten the flu in the last 10 years was the one time I got the flu shot, I know makes perfect sense doesn't it

This is the equivalent of citing "my black friend" in defense that you're not racist.

#71 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

Doctor's are no more than pharmaceutical reps. The only thing the medical industry is good for is emergency surguries and putting you back together...other than that its all about pills and toxic foreign substances that are not natural and are very dangerous to the body.

#72 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Tell that to the people that have had 100s of different diseases controlled for years, medically and pharmacologically.

You know, by us drug pushers doing the devil's bidness.

#73 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Correlation does not imply causation

#74 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Tell that to the people that have had 100s of different diseases controlled for years, medically and pharmacologically.

You know, by us drug pushers doing the devil's bidness.

Well thats just it. These big pharma drugs and pills have never actually cured a single disease, they just mask the symptoms and "keep the illness under control," which in turn can and does have a worse effect on the body than the initial sickness. It's not natural, none of it. I dont know how it became accepted and commonplace that dangerous chemicals and other compounds would have a positive effect on the human body? The only way to be totally healthy/prevent diseases/cure diseases is by eating right. Arthritis, cancer, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, etc can all be completely cured by no more than your diet. The food industry is the number one cause for America's poor state of health these days.

Edited by venom, 02 November 2011 - 04:02 PM.