Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't wait for Gettis to get back!!!!

72 posts in this topic

Posted

We will see. I just hate sipping out the hype cup, just to get let down. I hope he gets back healthy and ready to become a star. For some reason i think we are gonna get v. Jackson next yr. If that happens somebody is gonna have to go.

Seriously doubt we get VJax.

Posted

Gettis is also a better runner with and without the ball and goes after it like Smith. Natural hands catcher that will fight at the highest point with good hands and downfield speed.

^^^route running????? He is hurt. Right now he is drew Carter until he proves he can run routes.

Posted

^^^route running????? He is hurt. Right now he is drew Carter until he proves he can run routes.

if we had drew carter we'd have better numbers on offense than we do now. a pure speed threat, no matter how good at everything else, will always give us another option.

Posted

Drew Carter dropped a lot of balls. Nannee looks good in comparison.

Regarding Gettis, he certainly showed some promise. But he might not be back at 100% next year. I was listening to a local doctor talk about an ACL injury regarding a local college football player, and the doctor said that in most cases, it takes a couple of years for a player to fully recover from a torn ACL, ie regain all his speed and agility.

Posted

Regarding Gettis, he certainly showed some promise. But he might not be back at 100% next year. I was listening to a local doctor talk about an ACL injury regarding a local college football player, and the doctor said that in most cases, it takes a couple of years for a player to fully recover from a torn ACL, ie regain all his speed and agility.

I think Wes Welker's drop off and then subsequent resurgence this year is an example of that.

Posted

Gettis is a perfect fit for this offense assuming he gets all the way back to where he was before the knee injury.

Posted

would rather draft DT than OLB

FS is interesting, not confident in Martin?

I disagree.

We drafted two young DT's in the 3rd round that have a lot of potential. DT's not named Suh usually take 2-3 years to develop in the NFL. Adding another rookie DT will NOT help the middle of the line.

Draft OLB and supplement DT with vet FA's (already have him on the roster....just on IR).

Posted

Yea, I think that if Edwards comes back fully healthy, we should be alright at DT next year. We would certainly be improved over this year anyway.

Probably depends on where we draft, and who is available, but my guess is that we take a linebacker or cornerback with our first round pick.

Posted

I don't hear about AE in any of these future plans...is he still not ready?

Posted

This offense is going to be crazy with Gettis, Smith, Lafell, and Olson. Also Shockey, Barn, Nano, and Key off the bench!!

UFA's after this season. I'm sure Hurney wants Shockey to return. He might want to test free agency.

Posted

This offense is going to be crazy with Gettis, Smith, Lafell, and Olson. Also Shockey, Barn, Nano, and Key off the bench.

If we ever get our defense back get ready league!!!!!

GO Panthers!!!!!

I think you mean Olsen

Posted

Have you seen what the Pats have been doing with 2 tight end formations? I'd rather have LaFell off the bench and Shockey in there most of the time.