• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#16 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

What great modern era NFL QB with star quality, besides Manning, has played for a small market team? Brees?

Rodgers, Favre

#17 blackcat22

blackcat22

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

Can we pay him more money than other teams? Peppers didn't traumatise me, but LeBron did because he could have easily done that to my Bobcats and Charlotte.

#18 blackcat22

blackcat22

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Rodgers, Favre

Greenbay is a different animal. They are a historic franchise with a winning culture. But I'll ask again, how is Carolina perceived as an organization around the league. I know until recently Big Cat caught a rep of being cheap. But we surely aren't the Bengals and the Lions. We've been to the Super Bowl and had winning seasons.

#19 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

What great modern era NFL QB with star quality, besides Manning, has played for a small market team? Brees?

Manning, Rodgers, Favre, McNair, Vick, Kelly, Warner, Elway, Fouts, Hasselbeck. Off the top of my head.

#20 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

Who is the only team that would have taken him in the top 5? Us.

Who went down to his home and get to really know him before judging him? Us.

Who wasted no time announcing he was our pick? Us.

Who completely adjusted the offense for him? Us.

Who's made him comfortable in every way possible? Us.

Who asked him if he wanted to be a Panther? Us.

Stop fuging worrying.

#21 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Honestly, no matter what Newton says about it being his fault...I look at it has him saying the politically correct thing. Yeah I'm sure he really does feel the need to take some blame, but he's been amazing in basically EVERY game thus far (in my opinion). But watching him SO distraught about losing...as good as it made me feel to have a true dedicated QB, it can bite us in the ass if we don't start putting the pieces around him. That's with ANY superstar.

#22 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

Who is the only team that would have taken him in the top 5? Us.

Who went down to his home and get to really know him before judging him? Us.

Who wasted no time announcing he was our pick? Us.

Who completely adjusted the offense for him? Us.

Who's made him comfortable in every way possible? Us.

Who asked him if he wanted to be a Panther? Us.

Stop fuging worrying.

I once had a girlfriend that I treated like a queen. She cheated on me.

#23 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

Just hoping he doesn't Lebron James the Panthers.

same here.

I am close to cleveland. A lot of people treated LeBron like God when he was a rookie and it changed him. Hoping cam is different

#24 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

If you are worried about Cam leaving 7 games into his rookie year, you have some serious abandonment issues.

#25 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,366 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

I'm tired discussion, paranoia on the huddle what a surprise.

#26 blackcat22

blackcat22

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Honestly, no matter what Newton says about it being his fault...I look at it has him saying the politically correct thing. Yeah I'm sure he really does feel the need to take some blame, but he's been amazing in basically EVERY game thus far (in my opinion). But watching him SO distraught about losing...as good as it made me feel to have a true dedicated QB, it can bite us in the ass if we don't start putting the pieces around him. That's with ANY superstar.

This. But I'm going to stop worrying. I have faith in my team

#27 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

If you are worried about Cam leaving 7 games into his rookie year, you have some serious abandonment issues.

Ehhh it's more things linking to one another...I'll think to myself " Cam is great. Imagine him 5 yrs. fom now. By then his contract will be up. OH NO, what if we can't re-sign him. etc."

I need to go to sleep. :Yawn:

#28 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

A team's national perception and even "market" is rarely determined by the size of the city. Pittsburgh is a relatively small market, about the same size as Charlotte, but it's pretty much the 2nd most popular team in the country behind the Cowboys. Meanwhile, San Diego is the 8th largest city in the US and it's considered a "small market" football team.

#29 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Holy Jesus I was just stating the inevitable, at some point he will have to make a decision to stay or leave. If the Panthers stay in the doldrums of the league it would be extremely tempting for any player to go to a winning franchise.

#30 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

You know the reason Lebron left? Because the front office panicked and tried to surround him with anything they could, every chance they got and ruined their cap and their ability to compete. This is a completely different game with completely different rules and we've already surrounded him with good talent on offense. I trust that we can do that on defense with Hurney and Rivera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.