Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RockyTopVol

Billy G OUT at Kentucky

119 posts in this topic

Probably both kicked out by Calipari to make room for his studs...

Hey, if they don't fit the scheme then I don't blame them for going elsewhere and no hard feelings

Hey, if they don't fit the scheme then I don't blame them for going elsewhere and no hard feelings

You're right, Calipari said as much his first day...

Yup

Eh, the rest of your post is pretty right on, but sorry I disagree here. I think UMass and World Wide Wes would beg to differ on this one. No one is denying he is a great coach and does a good job appealing to the high school talent by running his street ball offense, but come on now, not a sleeze bag?

when you meet him and know him... let me know if he is a sleeze bag or not... UK did their homework this time around... cal was their first choice (this time) and checked with the NCAA and all his previous employers and none of them said anything negative to say... in fact they all had very positive things to say about him and his ethics...

Meeks has declared for the nba draft (hasn't hired an agent and is expected to be a second round pick) and they've released G.J. Vilarino from his letter of intent. Patterson is still considering the draft but hasn't made a decision yet.

meeks will be back... cal said, when asked what he would tell meeks and patterson, that if they were to be lottery picks, he would advise them to leave, if not he would tell them to come back and work on what those scouts gave them poor grades for... i truly believe (and hope for both their sakes... and mine) they will be back

Looks like Daniel Orton is hitting the road.

not completely true.. he asked for his LOI release but has said his number one choice is still UK... but with cousins saying the same thing... wouldnt be surprised if orton is playing in an oklahoma uniform next year...

know the whole story before you try to make cal look like a douche.. michael played out of position all last year... he is a 2 guard but our lack of a true point forced him into that role, and he was not... and will not be ready for that... ever... he will graduate a year early and will forego his final year of eligibility to begin his masters program as his newly expecting wife prepares for their first child..., this situation has been known for some time and many speculate dit would have happened if billy had never been let go

not to mention... as you said... he basically said that if you cannot create your own shot... you wont have a place on the team... and i love porter's fire but... he simply cant do that... i wish him good luck... and a bachelors and masters degree from UK... for basically free...isnt a bad starting point for any early 20 year old...

thats all from me... it will most definitely be a very interesting 6 months before midnight madness...

when you meet him and know him... let me know if he is a sleeze bag or not... UK did their homework this time around... cal was their first choice (this time) and checked with the NCAA and all his previous employers and none of them said anything negative to say... in fact they all had very positive things to say about him and his ethics...

I assume by bringing that argument up, that means you have in fact sat down and talked with Coach Cal face to face??? I mean correct me if I am wrong, but you haven't had a meeting with him either.

As for first choice, I am pretty sure Billy Donovan was their first choice and then he announced he would be staying at Florida.

As for Cal's background just ask Wes, he knows him the best.

wesley.jpg

Such an ambassador of the game, he even helped Ron get away during the Malace at the Palace.

I assume by bringing that argument up, that means you have in fact sat down and talked with Coach Cal face to face??? I mean correct me if I am wrong, but you haven't had a meeting with him either.

As for first choice, I am pretty sure Billy Donovan was their first choice and then he announced he would be staying at Florida.

As for Cal's background just ask Wes, he knows him the best.

wesley.jpg

Such an ambassador of the game, he even helped Ron get away during the Malace at the Palace.

Yeah WWW is a sleaze...but to tell you the truth with UKs brand being a selling point to recruits, Cal probably won't need him anymore. He DEFINITELY needed him to get going at Memphis tho.

Yup

know the whole story before you try to make cal look like a douche.. michael played out of position all last year... he is a 2 guard but our lack of a true point forced him into that role, and he was not... and will not be ready for that... ever... he will graduate a year early and will forego his final year of eligibility to begin his masters program as his newly expecting wife prepares for their first child..., this situation has been known for some time and many speculate dit would have happened if billy had never been let go

not to mention... as you said... he basically said that if you cannot create your own shot... you wont have a place on the team... and i love porter's fire but... he simply cant do that... i wish him good luck... and a bachelors and masters degree from UK... for basically free...isnt a bad starting point for any early 20 year old...

thats all from me... it will most definitely be a very interesting 6 months before midnight madness...

I believe I did know the whole story and Dimbee, a Kentucky fan agreed with me. I never said it was an absolute, but it was probable, that's all I said...

Roy kicked out a few of Doherty's players, too. Do I have to bring up their names?

There is absolutely nothing douchey about coming into a basketball program and letting the players know that if they don't fit then they won't play. With today's college basketball (especially the big programs) being a "win now" situation (see Billy Gillispie/Matt Doherty), I don't blame a coach for ridding themselves of players that won't help them win now.

You've got a five star point guard who wants to play for you. You're going to tell him no because the previous coach left behind a couple of two-star players at that position? John Fox turned over half his roster when he got to Carolina. Why can't college coaches do the same?

You've got a five star point guard who wants to play for you. You're going to tell him no because the previous coach left behind a couple of two-star players at that position? John Fox turned over half his roster when he got to Carolina. Why can't college coaches do the same?

The NFL is a business with professional athletes, ENTIRELY different story. If a college offers a scholarship they should stick by it. However i have no problem with them sitting as long as they honor the scholarship.