Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

I am the 1%

125 posts in this topic

Job exportation, there is nothing much you can do about it...it's their businesses. I agree with ending all those departments of waste. It's time to get things fix....and stop living beyond our means as a whole.

So, it's time to have responsibility and accountability...everybody. Sadly..we will stay divided and point fingers.

I have to mention.. the fact that people say the entire top 1% earned their wealth is hilarious.

I am a high school football player and can't wait until I am a first round draft choice.

I play in a band and I can't wait until I'm signed to a major label and have a platinum album.

I own a small business and I can't wait until it becomes a national chain worth billions.

Everybody join in!

99th percentile is around $400k which isn't out of reach. Unfortunately the inflation rate of that number is big.

i agree that the anger felt by Occupy is authentic, but the mission itself is a category error

All Peter Schiff needs to do to be educated on the problem is look at the criminal history of his family.

i have railed on Schiff many times in the tinderbox and his methods.

which website told you about his family's criminal history?

The criticism and lack of respect for OWS is proof that protests like these are pointless and the only way to create change is through violence and revolution. These people need to arm themselves and kill the right people. Standing around in the cold isn't going to change anything.

When the 1% are scared for their safety, then we'll see changes. Until then it'll just be more of the same. And that's not to say people should go kill anyone with wealth, but it's not to hard to find who is buying the politicians and which politicians are being bought. Those people would be the ideal people to target at first.

our society is too lazy to change. we want to be told what to believe, think, feel, eat and to watch.

its far easier to put on your Columbia gear, grab a tent and your laptop and "protest".

why not take a job and work your way up or run for office and THEN make some changes?

wouldn't that really and truly change the system?

Real changes have to come from the people. Running for office as a walk-on is pointless and wont get you anywhere considering how corrupt the system is. Everything these days is "neener neener neener" vs. "neener neener neener" from all sides...and that goes for Schiff as well as just about everyone at OWS. There is a much bigger picture to this reality that people are not tapping into, thus the continuous arguing over trivial and distractive points/ideas. Bottom line is we need a major overhaul of the system. Our current structures are divisive, antagonistic, and based on the illusion of seperation. From the words of Chris Rock...at least black people actually knew when they were slaves. Life as we know it needs to change dramatically or this left brain prison of a society will continue to run itself in the ground.

Money has got to go.

our society is too lazy to change. we want to be told what to believe, think, feel, eat and to watch.

its far easier to put on your Columbia gear, grab a tent and your laptop and "protest".

why not take a job and work your way up or run for office and THEN make some changes?

wouldn't that really and truly change the system?

The issue is that no one believes in the system anymore, most people don't really believe that a candidate that isn't already bought and paid for has any realistic shot of winning an election, this is even true on the smaller elections and local levels.

i have railed on Schiff many times in the tinderbox and his methods.

which website told you about his family's criminal history?

Website? It's common knowledge, his father is in prison.

Website? It's common knowledge, his father is in prison.

i think now its common knowledge.

the Occupiers are no dif than Peter's dad no? he stood up for what he believed and the govt that so many slobber over did him in.

The issue is that no one believes in the system anymore, most people don't really believe that a candidate that isn't already bought and paid for has any realistic shot of winning an election, this is even true on the smaller elections and local levels.

so people protest for a system they dont believe in? osmosis is just going to happen?

im sorry but im not buying a bulk of this "movement". its contrived on more levels than is being reported.

So your next door neighbor is part of the 1%. Worked his ass off and started his own restaurant in NoDa. His wife is a VP of finance at Wells. Last year they made $435k as a household. With three kids in college and no financial aid they are living well but not overly so. But they are happy and the future looks even brighter to the point that they will both be able to retire at age 55 and are considering buying a 3 bedroom in Southern Shores in a couple of years. He drives a Lexus and she drives a BMW SUV.

While there are some tax benefits to owning a restaurant the couple pay just about as much tax as a family can.

What do you want these people to be afraid of excatly?

What do you want from them?

What do they owe you?