#76 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,518 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

if we dont go with a WR in the 1st i would love to ****** up Travis Ben from da U.PR and KR plus a speedy deep threat.

#77 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

1st round: Matt Kalil

6 ft 7 in 295 lb

Posted Image

Jeff Otah, as we've have witness throughout his career, is injury prone to the max. We know what its like to operate throughout a season only having one good tackle. So, it's time we part ways with the big fella, and bring in a more consistent cat. Matt Kalil is the best tackle in college football, so he would definitely be an immediate impact player. Plus, the Panthers organization is all about family, so let's reunite the Kalil brothers!

2nd round: Manti Te'o

6 ft 2 in 255 lb

Posted Image

Thomas Davis has blown out his knee 3 times in 3 seasons. There's no way we go in expecting him to start the season healthy next year. That is why we bring this guy in. Manti Te'o looks to be the real deal. He should be a first round pick (and probably will be), but because this draft is so deep, he my end up going in the second round. What's great about him is if Beason is unable to go, he can move into the MLB slot and pick up the slack.

3rd round via trade: Joe Adams

5 ft 11 in 190 lb

Posted Image

We need a punt returner desperately. We haven't had a threat at returner since Smitty was running things back there, and with Joe Adams, things will once again be where they were. He also has good receiving skills.

4th round: Kendall Reyes

6 ft 4 in 296 lb

Posted Image

Here's a guy who has potential. For a DT, he is very athletic. Although he needs to work on his tackling in gaurding against the run. I think in free agency, the Panthers will bring in veteren talent, and Kendall will sit and learn from them.

5th round: Robert Blanton

6 ft 1 in 200 lb

Posted Image

I always found it good to sign at least one college teamate of one of our earlier picks, to give both (especially the earlier pick) some level of comfort as they transition to the big leages. The players in this case are Manti Te'o and Robert Blanton. With that said, Robert is definitely no scrub. This cat's stock is rising faster than....nah I won't go there.:D Check out what he did to Kirk Cousins, who himself has NFL quality talent

Both Blanton and Te'o has one more major task to show how NFL worthy they are. That task is to stop the NFL's young prodigy himself, Andrew Luck! Unfortunately for us, if they have a great game, these two will go in the first round. Yet if their stock stay where it is, we can hit the jackpot with these guys. In the video, he shows great man-to-man coverage skills. It's almost Asomugha-like. Plus he can rush the passer, and isn't easily fooled by play action. Having him and Gamble stick to their man like glue will finally allow the high blitzing package McDermott loves to run.

Here are my first five picks in the 2012 draft. Some of these guys like Manti Te'o and Kendall Reyes are projected to go the round before on where I listed them. Yet we should have high picks because of our record, and be able to pick them up at the beginning of the next round. I believe Hurney has only traded away our third round pick, and we have all of the rest. So it should be interesting for us. If we end up with the first overall pick (which I doubt we will), there's no telling how many picks we will end up with in a trade. This draft looks to be deep in any case.

Edited by Matthias, 16 November 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#78 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,518 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

after the process i doubt Robert B gets taken in the 5th with his size and skills. and he is a local talent right here from the charlotte.

#79 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Show me a credible mock draft site that has him in the Top 15.

LOL there's no such thing

#80 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,047 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

1) Matt Kalil [OT - USC]
2) Jared Crick [DE/DT - Nebraska]
4) Sean Spence [OLB - Miami]
5) Jayron Hosley [CB- Virginia Tech]

what are the Panthers compensatory picks?

#81 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,573 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Don't know yet, but I doubt they'll be very good.

I don't see us taking OT in the first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.