Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battlefield 3

111 posts in this topic

Posted

Forming a squad with people you know just guarantees that you're going to play with guys that understand teamwork.

Unless you like running around on your own that is.

Posted

Unless you like running around on your own that is.

Sometimes that works well, too. BF3 is such a hectic game that I find it hard to do a lot of teamwork. By hectic I mean that you can catch a round at any moment.

Posted

Does anyone else suffer from really bad lag?

Posted

I'm still not quite clear on the purpose behind the squads... what is it?

My gt is: XxIAmLegendxX

you can spawn on your sqaudmates. A balanced squad allows you to hold a position for a while. Once some of the people "trying out" the game die down, you'll see it better in action.

Another reason is, it's VERY hard to penetrate an area as just 1 person without taking the long way around on your own. Getting spotted once can screw you over. As a squad, you can focus fire. That's why you get suppression bonus, assists, etc. It's telling you to do more than just kill.

It's really a hard dynamic to explain unless you truly experience the glory of it. That's why BF3 is not a game for everyone too. A lot of people prefer being lonewolves ala COD style so they can claim they're the best.

Posted

My teammates NEVER point out an enemy. It's so irritating, if everyone pointed enemies out on the team, we'd be unstoppable.

Oh well COD comes out in a week. I'll come back to Battlefield once the noobs leave.

Posted

Yeah I have to leave squads sometimes cause if I get put in one with 3 people sniping in the middle of nowhere, takes forever to get back into the action.

Posted

This game is filled with bugs im gonna wait atleast 6 months till i play it again. untill then skyrim will own my soul.

Posted

Yeah I have to leave squads sometimes cause if I get put in one with 3 people sniping in the middle of nowhere, takes forever to get back into the action.

I'm best when I'm sniping (although I'm stuck using the first sniper rifles at the moment thanks to the scope glare) and all I do is spot enemies. You get points for it, but damn when people are running around with automatic weapons and you've got a semi-automatic rifle it benefits you to tell your teammates where the enemies are!

I know how you feel though, it's often that I'm the only one spotting.

Posted

Just played like 6 hours straight. Got with some guys that communicated, didn't lose all night on conquest. I had a blast tonight, the servers were really stable and you could tell the way the game was meant to be played. Shooting was responsive, felt almost correct. I'm excited again for this game, it's something special.

Last map played was the bazaar map. 4-5 of in that middle alley almost the whole match defending the conquest map point. I got like 5k+ points dropping ammo for everyone and suppressing.

Also getting in the habit of spotting EVERYTHING for my team, the points add up, and it helps your team out a ton, especially guys mortaring and stuff.

Posted

Add me on pc, novenaradio

Got a group of friends I play with and we do very well together, we're long time battlefielders, so we can help u learn some strategies and such as well.

Posted

Captroop7 on PSN. I want in on the Huddle Squad

Posted

I'll add you next time I'm on. For the record - I have a mic, but I rarely use it. I do try and help my squad out though.