Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battlefield 3

111 posts in this topic

Posted

+1 for the VAL. Accidently deployed with it one day and liked it pretty well. Like everyone else says, the 20 rd mag is tough, especially for someone like me (best two weapons... claymore + knife, cant shoot for poo). 200 kills for extended mags though, a good ways away for me.

I haven't played much since the patch, I know that the MAV now explodes on impact with an enemy, but do we still get kills with it? I've only used it a couple times, and every time I hit an enemy and exploded I haven't got a roadkill or enemy killed message.

In response to all the MAV hate, one engineer w/ a Javelin could pretty much make it a non issue. Played a game last night where the first two time I took it up, I was shot down in about 15 seconds. The next time I took it up, I was too busy dipping and diving from the Javelin lock-on to spot anything. I also found that you cant hide very well from a Javelin due to the fact that it comes in from directly overhead. Dipping behind a rock or buidling is near useless after it's locked on.

Posted

I've played with some of yall before in other titles. Hit me up if you ever wanna squad up for some good verhicle action. I'm tired of trying to help someone out by riding in there tank in the third seat to only find out they dont have guided shells equipped. Same with all the Snipers never using the laser painter for Javelins.

You on PS3?

Posted

I found this, thought it was kinda funny...

Posted

Who wants to get the d?

Posted

MAV kills helped ruin BF3.

Posted

MAV kills helped ruin BF3.

Speak for yourself, if Diablo 3 hadn't dropped May 15 I would still be playing BF3 daily....

Posted

Speak for yourself, if Diablo 3 hadn't dropped May 15 I would still be playing BF3 daily....

I havent played BF3 in quite sometime. I still get the itch to play it everyonce in awhile. I was in the Army. And i would never ever (if I had the option) rather fly a MAV into a person rather than shoot them. Just a exploit of the game I hate. Or people riding them up to places of maps that others can't get to. Its just annoying. BF2 for me anyways tops BF3.

I still like flying the choppers and tanks and what not. I've actually been into driving the hummers and dune buggies as of late to capture points quickly. Its a good game but certain things have ruined it for me i.e. MAVs, Spawn Camping, Jets crashing into helicopters and the jets take no damage. Oh and flashlights that will blind you from 100 yards away in the daylight in a desert setting. RIGHT.

Now, if all of this was fixed in the last patch then i may have to toss the disc back in.

Posted

Out of your list the only ones I have a huge problem with are the flashlights, and aircraft complaints. They are beyond ridiculous. Of the others, I don't really have an issue with MAV's, it's a tool that can be really useful for tagging enemy and vehicles. Sometimes I just stay back and tag things and snipe. Spawn camping is an issue in every shooter, and even with the issues you mentioned the game is still damn better then any of its competition. Just my two pennies....

Posted

No worries C47. I've heard its much better since the last update. I've been playinig Ghost Recon and Skyrim as of late. I'll have to give it another go.

Posted

The new weapons are really OP....the Aug is so smooth, and kills so quickly. Headshots are a piece of cake. Just unlocked the MTAR after hours of unsuccessful EOD Bot kill attempts, so I'm looking forward to using that.

Posted

AUG is nice but lacks power, I still use it for its accuracy though.

Posted

I love love love the SCAR-L. Its fantastic at mid-long range engagements.

I also love conquest domination. I rack up so many points playing that.