• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#76 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

What's the secret to mav killing RnR? I haven't used it a lot but there have been times where I was flying it high above the ground and it just went dead, and I was high enough to where it wasn't shot down... I got frustrated with it and quit trying to use it as a weapon.

#77 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,726 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

basically just practice. you can watch a youtube "mavtoge" video or two to get an idea where exactly you need to hit people to get kills but for the most part it's just practice. when i first started I could barely fly the thing much less get kills.

one thing I'll say is that the new patch made it so the MAV gets destroyed a LOT easier, not just when you kill a guy but it gets shot down now all the time. you really have to be in a situation where you can get a new MAV back into the action fairly quickly to make it worthwhile to do. usually I'll be able to kill a guy and get a new MAV back to where the action is before that same guy can even respawn. if you're in a situation or map where it takes you 30-60 seconds or more to get a new MAV back into the action then don't bother, it's not worth it.

as far as flying high and having it suddenly destroyed there's a chance that there's an enemy MAV that locked onto yours as that's an insta-destroy when it happens. also, bobbing it up and down as you fly helps keeping it from getting shot and it also helps to flank guys and kill them from behind. if you're flying straight at a group of guys that are all facing you and flying it perfectly level/straight then your MAV is toast 9 times out of 10.

#78 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Cool, thanks man!

#79 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Thus another MAV Troll is born.

Lol, my bad RnR, I could have sworn you were one of my PS3 friends, but I have a lot of Huddlers on there so it's hard to keep track.

I have used the AS VAL. It was fantastic, but I abandoned it because of the small magazine size. My roommate and I played TD almost exclusively, and a 20 round magazine is the kiss of death. I will probably pick it back up now for the expanded mag.

The FAMAS was imbalanced, just like the USAS, you shouldn't be surprised. There was a reason that like 75% of the gamers were using one of those two guns.

I totally agree Max, it was [slightly] imbalanced. However, there is a fine line between tweaking a gun to marginally affect it's usability and level the playing field. I would say what the patch did to the FAMAS is more akin to turning it into a jackhammer that shoots M&Ms. It is fugging useless. That is my complaint. They did much less to the FN2000, which is more powerful, and literally doesn't kick at all.

And I should also state, the only reason I really care is for sentimental reasons. The FAMAS is my all time favorite firearm. And I worked my ass off trying to unlock it, literally only playing assault class for weeks... And then it turned out it was a noob-level unlock with the expansion pack. Whoops. So in the end, I got it with no effort, loved it, and the fact that it was great in the game was second to my personal affection for the gun. Now I have to either use a gun that looks like a Star Trek reject, or one that looks like a giant vibrating dildo with a wooden stock. Yippee.

So I'm just a little salty.

#80 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,625 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thus another MAV Troll is born.

Lol, my bad RnR, I could have sworn you were one of my PS3 friends, but I have a lot of Huddlers on there so it's hard to keep track.

I have used the AS VAL. It was fantastic, but I abandoned it because of the small magazine size. My roommate and I played TD almost exclusively, and a 20 round magazine is the kiss of death. I will probably pick it back up now for the expanded mag.

I totally agree Max, it was [slightly] imbalanced. However, there is a fine line between tweaking a gun to marginally affect it's usability and level the playing field. I would say what the patch did to the FAMAS is more akin to turning it into a jackhammer that shoots M&Ms. It is fugging useless. That is my complaint. They did much less to the FN2000, which is more powerful, and literally doesn't kick at all.

And I should also state, the only reason I really care is for sentimental reasons. The FAMAS is my all time favorite firearm. And I worked my ass off trying to unlock it, literally only playing assault class for weeks... And then it turned out it was a noob-level unlock with the expansion pack. Whoops. So in the end, I got it with no effort, loved it, and the fact that it was great in the game was second to my personal affection for the gun. Now I have to either use a gun that looks like a Star Trek reject, or one that looks like a giant vibrating dildo with a wooden stock. Yippee.

So I'm just a little salty.

I don't think "slightly" imbalanced speaks to what the FAMAS was. The gun was far too overpowered in the game compared to shooting one in real life. Didn't have enough recoil, and was far too accurate from long range. While I'll agree they may have gone a little over the edge on the nerfs, it needed to be handled in a major way.

#81 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Anyone here on Gamebattles?

#82 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I don't think "slightly" imbalanced speaks to what the FAMAS was. The gun was far too overpowered in the game compared to shooting one in real life. Didn't have enough recoil, and was far too accurate from long range. While I'll agree they may have gone a little over the edge on the nerfs, it needed to be handled in a major way.

Posted Image

#83 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Actually I don't disagree, I just like that gif.

#84 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

I've played with some of yall before in other titles. Hit me up if you ever wanna squad up for some good verhicle action. I'm tired of trying to help someone out by riding in there tank in the third seat to only find out they dont have guided shells equipped. Same with all the Snipers never using the laser painter for Javelins.

#85 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

+1 for the VAL. Accidently deployed with it one day and liked it pretty well. Like everyone else says, the 20 rd mag is tough, especially for someone like me (best two weapons... claymore + knife, cant shoot for poo). 200 kills for extended mags though, a good ways away for me.

I haven't played much since the patch, I know that the MAV now explodes on impact with an enemy, but do we still get kills with it? I've only used it a couple times, and every time I hit an enemy and exploded I haven't got a roadkill or enemy killed message.

In response to all the MAV hate, one engineer w/ a Javelin could pretty much make it a non issue. Played a game last night where the first two time I took it up, I was shot down in about 15 seconds. The next time I took it up, I was too busy dipping and diving from the Javelin lock-on to spot anything. I also found that you cant hide very well from a Javelin due to the fact that it comes in from directly overhead. Dipping behind a rock or buidling is near useless after it's locked on.

#86 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

I've played with some of yall before in other titles. Hit me up if you ever wanna squad up for some good verhicle action. I'm tired of trying to help someone out by riding in there tank in the third seat to only find out they dont have guided shells equipped. Same with all the Snipers never using the laser painter for Javelins.

You on PS3?

#87 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,726 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I found this, thought it was kinda funny...

#88 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Who wants to get the d?

#89 Cold Cat

Cold Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

MAV kills helped ruin BF3.

#90 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,625 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

MAV kills helped ruin BF3.

Speak for yourself, if Diablo 3 hadn't dropped May 15 I would still be playing BF3 daily....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.