Photo
- - - - -

Any chance Duke lands John Wall?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
195 replies to this topic

#1 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

I know K isn't all about the one-and-done player, but to get back in the national title hunt Duke needs to take the "gamble"...

...yes...yes...I know...it's not the off-season yet....but hey....for us it is.....laugh it up :-D

Edited by panthersphan, 27 March 2009 - 11:35 PM.

#2 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

Alot of the are supposed to be one and dones are not. They get to college and realize they got weakness in their game and stay for another. I hate to say this look at Ty Lawson..He was good enough to ry for the pros but went to unc and realized he neede to work on some things...In the end it is going to make BBall in america Better

For us duke fans we will be ok...We lose Paulus and Zoubek...hopefully Henderson and Singler dont pull a Josh McRoberts. No telling what we might get down the road though

#3 68Tiger

68Tiger

Living with Purpose

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

There is no chance that Duke will land John Wall. Duke isn't even in his top 3 choices. He will be a Memphis Tiger. ;)

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,725 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

It's hard to land a player if you don't give him an offer....Duke is listed in his top 6 though.

#5 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

he seems like a cool dude so no, there is no chance he will choose duke

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

WORD OF GOD...Nuff said...If Dook takes that kid they deserve the ridicule.

#7 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

Wall is meeting with Coach K, his AAU coach and his mom tonight at Duke. It is down to Duke and Memphis. Still a long shot for Duke, but they are in the final mix for sure.

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

^ Lawson is gone, and the only true PG on UNC's roster will be Drew. Kendall Marshall won't be there for another season, and still UNC won't touch that kid...What does that tell ya?

#9 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

^ Lawson is gone, and the only true PG on UNC's roster will be Drew. Kendall Marshall won't be there for another season, and still UNC won't touch that kid...What does that tell ya?

It tells me you dont have any scholarships left. Ooops Justin Watts.

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

It tells me you dont have any scholarships left. Ooops Justin Watts.

They never even gave any interest to Wall. This is really a desperation act by K as he knows he's being left behind.

#11 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

They never even gave any interest to Wall. This is really a desperation act by K as he knows he's being left behind.

It really isnt desperation. Duke needs a PG, everyone knows that. John Wall is the best PG in this class, everyone knows that. Duke is going after two other guards as well for this class. It's not like Duke just started going after Wall yesterday. Although, they havent been on him since the very begining, they have been around for awhile.

As for Carolina, correct me if I am wrong, but they do not have any scholarships left. That was my point.

#12 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

What is with the hatred for this kid? Is it cause he's not going to UNC? Cause he is a one and done?

#13 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

with Calipari possibly leaving Memphis, his interest in Duke might increase or he will follow Cal to UK

#14 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

I know Wall grew up a Duke fan, though I think his mother went to NC State (could be wrong)

On ESPN, Andy Katz said today that Wall was down to Memphis and Duke - With Calipari going to Kentucky (he will) that makes it seem like much more of a realistic chance for him to be at Duke next year...but we'll see...

We "had" Shaun Livingston, and look what happened there...though rules are different now.

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

I know Wall grew up a Duke fan, though I think his mother went to NC State (could be wrong)

On ESPN, Andy Katz said today that Wall was down to Memphis and Duke - With Calipari going to Kentucky (he will) that makes it seem like much more of a realistic chance for him to be at Duke next year...but we'll see...

We "had" Shaun Livingston, and look what happened there...though rules are different now.

He went to a ton of NC games before he realized the heels were never gonna offer. Don't know about the dook fandom.

As for UNC having ships, I think they could've offered Wall a long time ago, before they used them up, but decided not to.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com