Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthersphan

Any chance Duke lands John Wall?

ncfan    1,349

Just got some info on the wall recruitment. A buddy of mine is good friends with Kendall Marshall's (pg commit for 09 for the heels) trainer. I mentioned to him the other day that I had heard that wall was considering unc now. Today my buddy said he heard from marshall (word from what he was hearing from roy).

Here is what he was saying

Wall will Not go to Duke If Henderson decides to go pro.

He doesn't want to go to UNC If everyone (as in lawson, ellington, and davis) leaves.

He is considering kentucky because of cal, but not sure if he wants to go all the way up there with his mom being sick.

Htar    0

The kid is going to commit to the Heels...I just have a gut feeling. Lawson will be gone and that job would be his. He can showcase his skills for one year and hand the reigns over to KM.

unicar15    286

The kid is going to commit to the Heels...I just have a gut feeling. Lawson will be gone and that job would be his. He can showcase his skills for one year and hand the reigns over to KM.

Keep thinking that my friend...He's going to play for Cal just like he has been all along.

carpanfan96    1,459

Rivals has him down to four schools. UK, UNC, DUKE, MIAMI in an article from today. Link

Although the main page for him still list Baylor and such......

unicar15    286

Rivals has him down to four schools. UK, UNC, DUKE, MIAMI in an article from today. Link

Although the main page for him still list Baylor and such......

Jerry Meyer is full of it and goes off only what he speculates unless he hears otherwise. Wall has said that he hasn't cut the list and won't do it until the Jordan game.

Luc21    0

Jerry Meyer is full of it and goes off only what he speculates unless he hears otherwise. Wall has said that he hasn't cut the list and won't do it until the Jordan game.

+1

As for the Henderson leaving Duke = no John Wall. I have heard similar comments, but lets keep in mind alot of this talk starts with people just like us talking on a message board and then spreads around like its the truth coming from Wall's mouth.

The only facts in this situation are

-Miami, Baylor, NC State, Kentucky, Duke and UNC are all possible destinations as of right now. (Obviously some are more of long shots than others, but John Wall has not written off any publicly)

-All signs point toward Wall deciding at the last possible second.

-He has had one of the most high profile and talked about recruitments in a very long time. And to Wall's credit has been very professional when aswering all questions about each school.

panthersphan    287

There is no chance that Duke will land John Wall. Duke isn't even in his top 3 choices. He will be a Memphis Tiger. ;)

lol

"They tried earlier but Wall didn't give any indication that he was interested in UNC."

...and he's a UNC 'fan'? hmmm...

Gerald is going to hurt this program next year, bad. If he stayed (bc he's good as gone) we could potentially have:

Wall

Scheyer

Henderson

Singler

Thomas

....oh well....

ncfan    1,349

+1

As for the Henderson leaving Duke = no John Wall. I have heard similar comments, but lets keep in mind alot of this talk starts with people just like us talking on a message board and then spreads around like its the truth coming from Wall's mouth.

The only facts in this situation are

-Miami, Baylor, NC State, Kentucky, Duke and UNC are all possible destinations as of right now. (Obviously some are more of long shots than others, but John Wall has not written off any publicly)

-All signs point toward Wall deciding at the last possible second.

-He has had one of the most high profile and talked about recruitments in a very long time. And to Wall's credit has been very professional when aswering all questions about each school.

As far as the Wall not going to duke if henderson leaves, This is per Kendall Marshall and what he has been been hearing from roy and word around the aau circuit.

Also I have heard that he is down to duke, kentucky, and unc

Luc21    0

As far as the Wall not going to duke if henderson leaves, This is per Kendall Marshall and what he has been been hearing from roy and word around the aau circuit.

I understand what you are saying, but let's not act like whatever Roy says is the truth. I am pretty much in agreement that G plays a huge role in Wall's decision.

unicar15    286

There was an article written TODAY that listed his teams. They have not changed...as I have said...and will not change until the Jordan game. All of the speculation is from UNC fans that think that just because they are involved in the recruitment of a player that he will end up there. Honestly, I think that UNC has about an equal chance to NCSU (not good) with Duke slightly out in front and the leader being UK by a long shot. Itll be interesting to see how it plays out and I know that Wall is a new taste for the UNC crowd but he has done this ALOT throughout his recruitment. Lets follow the timeline shall we...

Spring of 2008 (January) - Wall bursts onto the scene after a great AAU season and is one of the better prospects in the class. NCSU offers him first.

May rolls around and word is out that he is interested in UK and a lot of people think he could join Orton as a UK commit. He holds off despite the rumors

Travis Ford emerges as a leader for Wall and the Oklahoma State boards are blowing up saying its only a matter of time before he commits.

Clifton surfaces as a Baylor candidate and they outbid OSU for his services. There is a article on Rivals saying that he was a lock to follow Clifton (that is when I started questioning Jerry Meyer's reporting).

Memphis enters the picture and Wall has become the #1 prospect (by a long shot) and fans begin saying he is a lock to Memphis because of Calipari.

UK cools off, OSU is out, Miami is in, as is Kansas but for probably about 5 months everyone who followed Wall said it would end up being NCSU, Baylor, or Memphis in the end (all for different reasons).

Duke enters the picture in late December/Early January of 2009...but just to watch. There is speculation as to if they have offered him or not. Turns out that they waited until early March to offer. There are also conflicting reports on the meeting..some saying it went well, others saying the parties did not see eye to eye.

April rolls around and Roy decides to get involved for whatever reason. And now we are here today...

So if you look at that timeline there have been at least 4 or 5 different leaders for Walls recruitment with the most recent being Memphis. So to say that UNC is in the drivers seat or you think he's going to end up there because he has "always been a fan" is naive. This is and always has been a business decision for Wall. He has said on multiple occasions that no matter where he commits he will always bleed red and white because of the relationship he has with Lowe, the university, and the other players. His "fanhood" died when he started being recruited by every program in America..not to mention before the process his mom was a diehard NC State fan and loved Sidney Lowe and the way he treated her son.

The recruitment is too hard to get a bead on but that synopsis should clear it up for those of you who just got involved as opposed to those of us who have been following him since January-ish of 2008.

X-Clown    731

WORD OF GOD...Nuff said...If Dook takes that kid they deserve the ridicule.

:)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    vv83