Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any chance Duke lands John Wall?

198 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe because it was 14 years ago not 7? Just a guess

Posted

Actually you forgot to mention Dook's 95 season...Forget that out of convenience?

lol cherokee parks

Posted

Actually you forgot to mention Dook's 95 season...Forget that out of convenience?

Coach K'd

Posted

word is he loves Calipari and really enjoyed Kansas when he visited. A lot of people have put him favoring Memphis for about a month now, and with rumors of Calipari going to Kentucky only sweetens the deal with going to a school that is closer to home and much more rich in tradition, and could become the player that turned Kentucky around.

Also, I might be wrong but I did not think Duke has even offered him a Scholarship yet, but that might have changed with him meeting with Coach K the other night or he let Coach K know that he would be following Calipari and that is why they haven't offered him yet

He was offically offered on Sunday night by Coach K.

As for where John Wall will land, it does look like Kentucky is the leader now. There are going to be issues with scholarships, but Cal with have no problem telling some of the lesser Kentucky players they no longer have a scholarship there. Wall isnt going to make a decision until the end of April. It was orginally scheduled for the Jordan game on the 18th but now they are saying he will wait until the end of the month. He still has an offical to take to Miami as well although that is a long shot. It looks as if it is Duke or Kentucky, with Kentucky having the lead right now.

Posted

Xavier Henry, commme oonnnnnnn dddooowwwwnnnn!

Posted

Wall is also really fond of Ryan Kelly as he played with him. That could be a factor too.

Posted

Duke>Kentucky

Home state team...come on Johnny...

Posted

Duke>Kentucky

Home state team...come on Johnny...

since when has there been a home state fan of Duke?

Posted

Word is Roy Williams called John Wall from Detroit last night. Don't really know any details beyond that or if it really means anything but I find it interesting that Roy is doing this now of all times. Maybe he doesn't have as much faith in LDII as he'd like going into next year.

This could get interesting, but it seems kind of late to be getting involved with recruiting him with the amount of time already invested by many other teams.

Posted

Word is Roy Williams called John Wall from Detroit last night. Don't really know any details beyond that or if it really means anything but I find it interesting that Roy is doing this now of all times. Maybe he doesn't have as much faith in LDII as he'd like going into next year.

This could get interesting, but it seems kind of late to be getting involved with recruiting him with the amount of time already invested by many other teams.

Not if he lands him...

Posted

Not if he lands him...

Well sure IF he lands him. I just don't get the timing of all this. I mean, Roy should be concentrating on coaching this years team in the final four and maybe going over tape of Villanova...NOT calling some recruit (albeit a fuging stud recruit) that's been involved with about 5 other schools (NC State, Kansas, Memphis, etc). I mean, unless Wall is already a big UNC fan why would he choose UNC over teams that have been recruiting him pretty hard for the past few months in particular.

Posted

Well sure IF he lands him. I just don't get the timing of all this. I mean, Roy should be concentrating on coaching this years team in the final four and maybe going over tape of Villanova...NOT calling some recruit (albeit a fuging stud recruit) that's been involved with about 5 other schools (NC State, Kansas, Memphis, etc). I mean, unless Wall is already a big UNC fan why would he choose UNC over teams that have been recruiting him pretty hard for the past few months in particular.

Your point about why should he call a top line recruit because he should be watching thread is pretty funny. Should he not eat lunch, dinner or sleep either? A 5 minute conversation with a recruit doesn't take a thing away from preparation...