Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthersphan

Any chance Duke lands John Wall?

Well look at Dukes 2 incoming freshman...both from NC...and you can add Seth Curry to the list...not to mention Wall (who grew up a Duke fan)

...oh and me....

"Williams - How would you like to run the Highest scoring, highest profile Offense in the NCAA?"

Well....next year's team is going to be vastly different from this years...Hansbrough, gone. Lawson, gone. Green, gone. Ellington, gone. Davis, possibly gone. UNC will not be the #1 offense in 2009/10 I will guarantee you that.

How many "impact" players will the Heels have from NC next season?

Zero. (really zero this season too...Copeland?)

Wall is not a Duke fan.

Rivals.com premium content Says Roy is meeting with Wall sometime after the dead period ends and that Wall is seriously considering going to UNC.

"You do know that Seth Curry will not be playing for you next year by NCAA rules?"

Yes. That's why I said...the 2010 class...

And honestly...I've seen, now, both that he grew up a Duke fan and grew up a Tar Heels fan...so really if you have pure evidence, let's hear it...

I do not know what his fandom is, b/c I only see things on the internet concerning it...

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/14308778 (Duke fan?)

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/5071 (UNC fan?)

Honest mistake..

...what kind of UNC "fan" would he even think about playing basketball at Duke...either way, it's funny...

Rivals.com premium content Says Roy is meeting with Wall sometime after the dead period ends and that Wall is seriously considering going to UNC.

So Lawson is gone then? Wall and Lawson will not be on the same team.

But, I don't see Wall coming to Duke or UNC for that matter...My bet would be that he's following Calapari to Kentucky...

Wall is going to talk with Roy again by phone tomorrow (thursday) from the hoops summit...If that goes well Roy will then talk with Wall's mom..

Rivals for football, Scout for basketball.

Cousins did follow Cap to Kentucky. Rivals is more known for Football, but they do a pretty good job on the basketball side as well.

Cousins did follow Cap to Kentucky. Rivals is more known for Football, but they do a pretty good job on the basketball side as well.

As far as I'm concerned...Cousins following Cal to UK seals the deal for Wall. Wall could play with Ed Davis and Tyler Zeller at UNC but he has a long standing relationship with Calipari and has zero relationship status with Roy Williams...that is what will make the difference IMO.

Call me crazy but I think it's probably down to UNC and Kentucky, with Kentucky having a big advantage. I think the only way UNC goes up any more is if the meeting with Wall and the talk with his mother go extremely well.

Call me crazy but I think it's probably down to UNC and Kentucky, with Kentucky having a big advantage. I think the only way UNC goes up any more is if the meeting with Wall and the talk with his mother go extremely well.

I don't think UNC is in as good of position as everyone thinks they are. Him growing up a UNC fan and UNC winning the title doesn't negate the fact that Roy did pretty much everything in his power to ignore the kid until a week ago. Where was the interest beforehand? And why get involved so late in the game? These are all questions running through Walls head and his mom's head, not to mention the complete lack of respect that Wall's closest advisors have for Roy Williams. I mean they went as far as to say that Roy was "a bad person." Those are pretty condemning words coming from a guy that has essentially helped raise John.

Wall is going to listen because it is UNC and this is a pretty typical action coming from this recruitment. Its almost as if he has built his name up SO much that it will be impossible for the networks not to follow him and the team that he plays for next season. In the end UK is going to get him...I mean he went and visited their campus THREE times when Billy G was the coach...now the coach that he actually wanted to play for in the first place is there and we are supposed to believe that every other school has a shot?? Please...

I was going off the fact that he says he hasn't talked to Cap, but that Cap has talked to his coaches. Which now he doesn't care what they think apparently because he's included Carolina in the Discussion as well as Duke. Carolina a school his coaches don't want him to have anything to do with. I still think he goes to Kentucky, but you can't count Carolina out of this.

"I think it is pretty good to have schools like Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas recruiting me," he said. "Those are four of the top schools that you hear about the most. It's great that coaches from schools like those want to see me and recruit me. In the end this is my decision, so I'll definitely be looking at North Carolina."

Also this isn't the First time UNC has tried to Recruit him, They tried earlier but Wall didn't give any indication that he was interested in UNC.

The reason Roy never recruited Wall was because of the handler situation...Roy has stated many times that he does not deal with handlers. Particularly one that is openly hostile toward the man.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Alex stump