Photo
- - - - -

Any chance Duke lands John Wall?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
195 replies to this topic

#16 SKULL

SKULL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

Since he's not an inside player,he will work well in Duke's system

#17 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

They never even gave any interest to Wall. This is really a desperation act by K as he knows he's being left behind.

A 30 win season and an ACC championship. Who's leaving him behind?

#18 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

A 30 win season and an ACC championship. Who's leaving him behind?

So dook had a better season than the team still playing? Let's poll this.

#19 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

So dook had a better season than the team still playing? Let's poll this.

He didn't say that...it's just funny that a 30-7 season is a "bad" season for Duke. UNC is great right now, one of the best teams they've had. Now - UNC is great, Duke is good....but it'll all change again, just like it always does.

Hey if 30-7 is bad for Duke, and 8-20 is bad for UNC...than what's that say? :ihih:

"Since he's not an inside player,he will work well in Duke's system"

It's funny how your Tar ***** fans forget about the last 20 years.

Boozer? Brand? Shelden? Get the facts straight please.

#20 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

This kid is nasty. I would love to have him on Dukes team for one year.

[ame][/ame]

#21 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

word is he loves Calipari and really enjoyed Kansas when he visited. A lot of people have put him favoring Memphis for about a month now, and with rumors of Calipari going to Kentucky only sweetens the deal with going to a school that is closer to home and much more rich in tradition, and could become the player that turned Kentucky around.

Also, I might be wrong but I did not think Duke has even offered him a Scholarship yet, but that might have changed with him meeting with Coach K the other night or he let Coach K know that he would be following Calipari and that is why they haven't offered him yet

Edited by Tweeder, 31 March 2009 - 12:44 PM.

#22 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:42 PM

If he comes to Duke..he stays two years. Coach K will show him that he is not quite ready for the NBA...he goes to Calipari..he doesnt make a big impact in the nba

#23 PanthersWin

PanthersWin

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

I highly doubt Wall ends up at UK. I read that they are 2 schollys over the limit for next year. Of course that doesn't mean it can't happen.

BB recruiting is going to be very interesting in the next few days. Lance Stephenson was expected to announce my Jayhawks today. He has postponed that announcement. With Cal going to UK (all but a done deal), a lot of top recruits are in limbo including Wall. Hopefully, KU will land 1 of the big three in Stephenson, X.Henry (he has a LOI out clause), or Wall. If I could choose, it would be Henry, Lance, Wall in that order. KU needs a 3.

Edited by PanthersWin, 31 March 2009 - 01:11 PM.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

He didn't say that...it's just funny that a 30-7 season is a "bad" season for Duke. UNC is great right now, one of the best teams they've had. Now - UNC is great, Duke is good....but it'll all change again, just like it always does.

Hey if 30-7 is bad for Duke, and 8-20 is bad for UNC...than what's that say? :ihih:

"Since he's not an inside player,he will work well in Duke's system"

It's funny how your Tar ***** fans forget about the last 20 years.

Boozer? Brand? Shelden? Get the facts straight please.

Actually you forgot to mention Dook's 95 season...Forget that out of convenience?

#25 DoWorkBson

DoWorkBson

Hopped up out the bed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Maybe because it was 14 years ago not 7? Just a guess

#26 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Actually you forgot to mention Dook's 95 season...Forget that out of convenience?

lol cherokee parks

#27 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Coach K'd

#28 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:13 AM

word is he loves Calipari and really enjoyed Kansas when he visited. A lot of people have put him favoring Memphis for about a month now, and with rumors of Calipari going to Kentucky only sweetens the deal with going to a school that is closer to home and much more rich in tradition, and could become the player that turned Kentucky around.

Also, I might be wrong but I did not think Duke has even offered him a Scholarship yet, but that might have changed with him meeting with Coach K the other night or he let Coach K know that he would be following Calipari and that is why they haven't offered him yet

He was offically offered on Sunday night by Coach K.

As for where John Wall will land, it does look like Kentucky is the leader now. There are going to be issues with scholarships, but Cal with have no problem telling some of the lesser Kentucky players they no longer have a scholarship there. Wall isnt going to make a decision until the end of April. It was orginally scheduled for the Jordan game on the 18th but now they are saying he will wait until the end of the month. He still has an offical to take to Miami as well although that is a long shot. It looks as if it is Duke or Kentucky, with Kentucky having the lead right now.

#29 PanthersWin

PanthersWin

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:17 AM

Xavier Henry, commme oonnnnnnn dddooowwwwnnnn!

#30 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Wall is also really fond of Ryan Kelly as he played with him. That could be a factor too.

Edited by SmootsDaddy89, 01 April 2009 - 11:19 AM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com