Photo
- - - - -

Terry Bradshaw ranked Dalton ahead of Cam...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
299 replies to this topic

#286 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

If Dalton was in this offense with these weapons...

Would be doing much worse without the running ability and the pressure that opponents are putting on the oline.

#287 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

I usually hate playing the race card absolutely hate it, but if Cam were white Bradshaw would be all over his nuts. There is no rookie QB playing better than Cam and if you think otherwise there really is no other explanation.

Bradshaw defended Jamarcus Russel as one of the best quarterbacks in the league for years, all the way until after 2008.

Educated opinions, they're what's for dinner.

#288 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

He'd have better numbers, I think, but I don't know how much better. While I think Chud is misusing Cam's running ability at times, it's hard to deny the impact his legs have had. Dalton just can't do the same thing.

He'd probably make some of the throws Cam has missed, and miss some of the ones he'd made. Overall Dalton would likely look better than he does in the Bengals offense, but I guarantee he wouldn't have 5 wins with this team. Maybe we'd have five if you could add him and some upgrades on defense, but then that's being unfair, because the only point we had a chance to take Dalton and passed on him was at #1.

Cam's been impressive beyond just his stats, though. I think Dalton has, too. Ultimately they are both looking great for rookies. Who knows who will end up the better pro, but right now, I think Cam is playing better personally but Dalton's team is playing better, and sometimes personal awards end up coming down to how teams are doing.

#289 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

Banned

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

He'd have better numbers, I think, but I don't know how much better. While I think Chud is misusing Cam's running ability at times, it's hard to deny the impact his legs have had. Dalton just can't do the same thing.

He'd probably make some of the throws Cam has missed, and miss some of the ones he'd made. Overall Dalton would likely look better than he does in the Bengals offense, but I guarantee he wouldn't have 5 wins with this team. Maybe we'd have five if you could add him and some upgrades on defense, but then that's being unfair, because the only point we had a chance to take Dalton and passed on him was at #1.

Cam's been impressive beyond just his stats, though. I think Dalton has, too. Ultimately they are both looking great for rookies. Who knows who will end up the better pro, but right now, I think Cam is playing better personally but Dalton's team is playing better, and sometimes personal awards end up coming down to how teams are doing.

I wonder what Cinci's record would be if Palmer was still the QB. Something about Dalton has brought this team together. He may very well be the heart of the team.

#290 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

Moderators

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Im happy for the guy.

#291 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

He was 18th in completion percentage, behind guys like Jason Campbell, Chad Henne, David Garrard and Joe Flacco

18th in passing yardage, again behind Campbell, Flacco, Garrard, etc.

Tied for 15th in TD passes

20th in yards per attempt behind the likes of Sanchez, Vince Young, Campbell, Garrard, Flacco

16th in passer rating behind more of the usual suspects

Then of course the playoff game where he went 18 of 36 for 146 yards and a 58.3 rating.

Which would all be fine if we were talking about a guy who was a rookie, but it's Carson Palmer who was being paid like a top 5 QB.

You are correct, when compared to others he was mediocre. I was just looking at him alone, which would make them decent stats.

#292 edromeo

edromeo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

The offense would look completely different and most likely worse because Dalton lacks Newton's elite arm strength and elite running ability.

#293 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

You are correct, when compared to others he was mediocre. I was just looking at him alone, which would make them decent stats.

Lol what do you think mediocre means?

#294 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

Banned

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

The offense would look completely different and most likely worse because Dalton lacks Newton's elite arm strength and elite running ability.

IDK i think they would run the ball a lot more. Dalton doesn't have a problem running Cinci's offense and they have a lot less weapons.

#295 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

IDK i think they would run the ball a lot more. Dalton doesn't have a problem running Cinci's offense and they have a lot less weapons.

they have good weapons though, don't act like the Panthers are leaps and bounds better

solid o-line, pretty damn good TE(no worse than either of ours), a future super star receiver(he's no Steve Smith but not many are), and their #2/#3 WR's aren't that much better(or worse) than ours.

honestly I'd say it's pretty damn close to a draw in supporting casts. if we used our RB's more maybe it'd be better but we don't(something I'd like to change....)

im not going to let you bitches troll me so I won't comment on the topic of this thread, just making an objective observation

#296 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

We lost to a 1-6 team today, don't try to think, you will hurt yourself

That 1-6 team is now 2-6, and has the same record as us, and they have played almost the same schedule as us, except we faced ATL and JAX, they faced SDC and KC, so take from that what you will.

I say we are 2 pretty even teams, we have a better QB and good offense, but a bad defense. They have a decent offense, but a much better defense. I dont really think we lost to a worse team, probably an equal one. It should have went to overtime (or won the game with a TD if not for phantom call...)

#297 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

Dalton: Connecting on all the throws you have to make and taking care of the football. Doing the things you have to do to win games consistently. Having a great season and has been very impressive as a rookie. Cincinnati has been building up that defense and getting depth and talent on the o line, and now they've plugged in their skill players and they are a very good young team.

Cam: Wow. Thats really all you can say if you've watched him play. He makes plays that just make your eyes pop on a regular basis. Statistically, he already holds several NFL records, and is on pace to shatter a few more in his rookie season. Unfortunately he has yet to prove that he can make all the plays that win you football games as consistently. Unlike Dalton, Cam comes to a team loaded with talented personnel but for a completely different offensive scheme. He does not enjoy half the defensive protection as Dalton does, as the Panthers LB depth has been completely decimated in a year that we had to go plan b at DT.

Dalton looks like a really solid QB that is having a great season. I don't think he's shown anything particularly special other than his surprisingly solid rookie performance to date. Guys like him have great seasons some years, sometimes mediocre. I'd say he may peak out over that Matt Ryan tier...

Cam looks like a future hall of famer that can take over games similar to the way Peyton Manning takes over games, but in a completely different way. Go with Cam. Its unbelievable when you really think about the reality of having this guy be a part of this franchise. He can take us to the very top.

#298 antame

antame

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:34 AM

Exactly. Again, Dalton's looked slightly better so far. Would rather we have Cam.

#299 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Exactly. Again, Dalton's looked slightly better so far. Would rather we have Cam.

Dalton has not looked better, Cam's stats are a lot better in every category.

#300 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

The way Dalton can turn a ball over twice, throw for under 200 yards............and know that he has a defense that can bail him out, and still win a game by double digits.. He's definitely a stud, and obviously the main reason the Bengals win their games. He's not this years equivalent of a weaker armed Mark Sanchez at all.