Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ed Hochuli

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Hochuli is an attention ***** for sure. Just say the call stands or is overturned - no need for the long-winded garbage that leaves all fans wondering what the outcome of the challenge is.

But, in his defense, he's not the only one out there dropping flags to the turf. He just has the microphone (and loves it).

Posted

I was telling my friend during the game yesterday that Hochuli is a joke. He's like a mascot at this point that no one takes seriously. I think between timeouts the cheerleaders and practice squaders lift him up on a platform with a built-in bench press and the crowd cheers him on and counts out each rep like at a college football game.

Dude is a joke and clearly had some money on the game yesterday.

Posted

not a fan.

he's actually cost teams wins by bad officiating before. iirc, the big one was denver vs. san diego? i remember the dude even admitted it afterwards. got lots of deserved hate mail from that.

Posted

Football will be better when that bastard finally retires.

Posted

Hochuli is an attention ***** for sure. Just say the call stands or is overturned - no need for the long-winded garbage that leaves all fans wondering what the outcome of the challenge is.

This. I don't understand the need for the long winded drivel.

Posted

Isn't he the ref who made the bad calls in the Steelers/Seahawks SB?

Bill Leavy did XL.

Posted

not a fan.

he's actually cost teams wins by bad officiating before. iirc, the big one was denver vs. san diego? i remember the dude even admitted it afterwards. got lots of deserved hate mail from that.

Cutler fumbled and San Diego's Tim Dobbins clearly recovered, but since he inadvertently blew the whistle when the ball hit the ground, the ball became dead and Denver maintained possession.

Posted

Cutler fumbled and San Diego's Tim Dobbins clearly recovered, but since he inadvertently blew the whistle when the ball hit the ground, the ball became dead and Denver maintained possession.

yeah, thats the one. didn't he go up to turner afterwards and tell him that he screwed up or something?

Posted

Yea, he apologized not long after the play and admitted he screwed up the next day to everyone else.

Posted

Yea, he apologized not long after the play and admitted he screwed up the next day to everyone else.
if only that had been the end to the bad playcalling...

Posted

Bet you won't say it to his face

t1_workout.jpg