48 replies to this topic

#1 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

So, we're on track to finish 4-12 this year. It sucks, but honestly, most people expected a rough year for us given the schedule, youth of the team, the lockout's effect on the off-season, a rookie HC, and now injuries at D.

But in every loss except the Falcons game, Cam Newton has been amazing. He has almost single handedly produced all of our offensive firepower and kept these games close. He's light years ahead of anyone's prediction and expectations. He's broken records, and is on track to break more. Everyone in the media business who doubted him, is either backpedaling big time, or is just responding with "Wow, I was wrong".

The only people arguing against Cam at this point, and who are trying to say he doesn't have what it takes to play at a high level in this league, are people who are established trolls on this board.

I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when that expression of opinion is obviously intended to cause a flame war, for the sake of trolling, from the same people every thread, there's a problem.

To be honest, I don't even bother reading more than the first page of most Cam threads these days, because within four or five posts, one of a handful of posters is taking a shot a Newton, and the same old poo storm is stirred up.

I think there needs to be some higher degree of moderation here, at least to send a message to those who would troll.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 31 October 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#2 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

'Preciate the input. We're not owned by the Panthers organization, so we'll continue to let people voice their opinion whether it's accepted/lapped up by the community here or not...

#3 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

BCG, I think you have to expect Cam trolls on a board like this no matter what the mods do. There's always been an element to our fanbase that wouldnt accept a QB like Cameron and felt they were entitled to be vocal and ignorant about it, that doesnt go away in one offseason. By far the environment here is more positive and constructive than pre-draft, but that ignorant lowest common denominator element of "fans" will always be around as long as Newt is our guy. Just remember that these "trolls" are usually low self esteem types who's boring life gives them the time and energy to hate on someone who's better than them on a message board all day.

#4 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

Besides, who really wants to visit a messageboard full of drones all singing songs of candyland and giving each reach-arounds whilst discussing teh awesomeness that is Cam Newton?

That sounds boring as fug to me. Of course, I like controversy, dissension and angst... so...

#5 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Controversy killed the cat!!!

err, or something like that....

#6 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

SUcks morons are aloud to voice their opinion, but thats why this is just an online forum, so I don't have to deal with idiots in real life (not by choice anyway) and I only have to see what they say when I am unbearably bored and come on here.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,751 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

I'm glad I don't mod any more.

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

I'm glad I don't mod any more.

Wish you did because when you have a poster like TheOracle posting on game days, either he needs to be banned or he is a Mod Alt as he can do whatever the fug he wants.
Pathetic.

#9 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,951 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

Quit your bitching

#10 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

It was a statement.

#11 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

'Preciate the input. We're not owned by the Panthers organization, so we'll continue to let people voice their opinion whether it's accepted/lapped up by the community here or not...

Criticism of Cam isn't the issue. Logical debate about his play isn't the issue.

But there's a line that's crossed when a handful of people continue to bash him, for no reason but to troll and start flame wars, when it's obvious they are trolls, have been banned multiple times here for being trolls, and have banned from other message boards for being trolls. I'm only talking about a handful of people, and it's obvious who they are.

Having people post negative comments about our record-breaking rookie QB in almost every single thread about him to the point that multi-page flame wars are started, when he happens to have helped score, or score directly, 18 out of our 21 TDs this season so far, is NOT letting them "voice their opinion". It's letting trolls take over this board.

And to be honest... this place isn't the only Panthers forum on the Internet. People will get sick of this crap and leave.

#12 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

If idiots couldn't speak their mind, how could you identify the idiots?

#13 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

No one is forcing anyone to visit this board.

#14 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

If idiots couldn't speak their mind, how could you identify the idiots?

Everyone should get the chance to show what they are. Once they have proven it though, appropriate responses should be made. In this case, when it gets to the point it has, when the trolls are being trolls... the response should be one for trolls.

#15 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

No one is forcing anyone to visit this board.

It would seem no one is forcing trolls off this board either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com