Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cain says he was 'falsely accused' of harassment

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Settling to avoid trial is a sure sign of innocence.

Posted

Settling to avoid trial is a sure sign of innocence.

Many times it is the most cost effective thing to do. I have settled cases on my client's behalf when they have done nothing wrong. But it is cheaper to pay out 50k to make the other side go away, than it is pay 200k in attorneys fees.

Posted

Nice knowing you herman.

Posted

I doubt this will have a long term impact on his campaign chances. These kind of allegatations from Paula Jones certainly didn't hurt Clinton. But Cain doesn't have much of a shot anyway.

Posted

I doubt this will have a long term impact on his campaign chances. These kind of allegatations from Paula Jones certainly didn't hurt Clinton. But Cain doesn't have much of a shot anyway.

The Paula Jones stuff came out after Clinton was elected. Of course, Clinton also settled with Jones while proclaiming innocence.

Posted

Many times it is the most cost effective thing to do. I have settled cases on my client's behalf when they have done nothing wrong. But it is cheaper to pay out 50k to make the other side go away, than it is pay 200k in attorneys fees.

oh i understand. but its also is a very convenient way to create plausible deniability. His continued waffling on the subject doesn't give me any confidence.

it's the equivalent of paying to plead the 5th.

1 person likes this

Posted

The Paula Jones stuff came out after Clinton was elected. Of course, Clinton also settled with Jones while proclaiming innocence.

which was also bullshiat.

Posted

oh i understand. but its also is a very convenient way to create plausible deniability. His continued waffling on the subject doesn't give me any confidence.

it's the equivalent of paying to plead the 5th.

Well, I guarantee you that the settlement offer included an agreement for the allegations to remain confidential. Someone probably breached that agreement when they let this information out. Cain would also be breaching that agreement if he disclosed information outside of what has already been disclosed.

It is possible that his hands are legally tied.

Posted

Well, I guarantee you that the settlement offer included an agreement for the allegations to remain confidential. Someone probably breached that agreement when they let this information out. Cain would also be breaching that agreement if he disclosed information outside of what has already been disclosed.

It is possible that his hands are legally tied.

lots of things are possible.

Posted

Wonder why the Politico and other media organizations didn't just wait until the National Enquirer found out about this story...

oh...I see. He's a conservative republican. If he did something bad...cya...pay the political price. At least the media's showing their colors once again, but here's the thing. They find ways to do their jobs ONLY when it benefits them politically. NatEnq people are probably pissed.

Posted

Wonder why the Politico and other media organizations didn't just wait until the National Enquirer found out about this story...

oh...I see. He's a conservative republican. If he did something bad...cya...pay the political price. At least the media's showing their colors once again, but here's the thing. They find ways to do their jobs ONLY when it benefits them politically. NatEnq people are probably pissed.

are you kidding me?