#1 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn...11#.Tq8cO3JjN-Y

I have no sympathy for any woman who takes a cash settlement in such a case. Makes the entire case seem shady. Don't think you can hold this against Cain.

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

Settling to avoid trial is a sure sign of innocence.

#3 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

Settling to avoid trial is a sure sign of innocence.

Many times it is the most cost effective thing to do. I have settled cases on my client's behalf when they have done nothing wrong. But it is cheaper to pay out 50k to make the other side go away, than it is pay 200k in attorneys fees.

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

Nice knowing you herman.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

I doubt this will have a long term impact on his campaign chances. These kind of allegatations from Paula Jones certainly didn't hurt Clinton. But Cain doesn't have much of a shot anyway.

#6 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

I doubt this will have a long term impact on his campaign chances. These kind of allegatations from Paula Jones certainly didn't hurt Clinton. But Cain doesn't have much of a shot anyway.

The Paula Jones stuff came out after Clinton was elected. Of course, Clinton also settled with Jones while proclaiming innocence.

#7 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

Many times it is the most cost effective thing to do. I have settled cases on my client's behalf when they have done nothing wrong. But it is cheaper to pay out 50k to make the other side go away, than it is pay 200k in attorneys fees.

oh i understand. but its also is a very convenient way to create plausible deniability. His continued waffling on the subject doesn't give me any confidence.

it's the equivalent of paying to plead the 5th.

#8 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

The Paula Jones stuff came out after Clinton was elected. Of course, Clinton also settled with Jones while proclaiming innocence.

which was also bullshiat.

#9 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

oh i understand. but its also is a very convenient way to create plausible deniability. His continued waffling on the subject doesn't give me any confidence.

it's the equivalent of paying to plead the 5th.

Well, I guarantee you that the settlement offer included an agreement for the allegations to remain confidential. Someone probably breached that agreement when they let this information out. Cain would also be breaching that agreement if he disclosed information outside of what has already been disclosed.

It is possible that his hands are legally tied.

#10 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Well, I guarantee you that the settlement offer included an agreement for the allegations to remain confidential. Someone probably breached that agreement when they let this information out. Cain would also be breaching that agreement if he disclosed information outside of what has already been disclosed.

It is possible that his hands are legally tied.

lots of things are possible.

#11 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

Wonder why the Politico and other media organizations didn't just wait until the National Enquirer found out about this story...

oh...I see. He's a conservative republican. If he did something bad...cya...pay the political price. At least the media's showing their colors once again, but here's the thing. They find ways to do their jobs ONLY when it benefits them politically. NatEnq people are probably pissed.

#12 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Wonder why the Politico and other media organizations didn't just wait until the National Enquirer found out about this story...

oh...I see. He's a conservative republican. If he did something bad...cya...pay the political price. At least the media's showing their colors once again, but here's the thing. They find ways to do their jobs ONLY when it benefits them politically. NatEnq people are probably pissed.

are you kidding me?

#13 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

lots of things are possible.

The timing of this makes me think that it isn't one of the accusers that leaked the information and more likely that people starting digging into Cain's past once he became the Republican frontrunner. He should be allowed to confront his accuser if he wants to.

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

Stop blaming the "Libruhl Media"

This most likely came from the Romney campaign.

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

are you kidding me?

Yes...but I'm making a bigger point.

Who broke the John Edwards story.

Who broke the Jesse Jackson story.

No where am I defending Cain...let's get that straight. People knew about the Edwards crap yet kept quiet. Even reporters had their "off the record" info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com