<

Photo
- - - - -

Most Disheartening of Sunday's Loss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#16 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

AP has made many great players look like fools. Singling out Gamble or Smith and treating them like children would be a lightening fast way for Rivera to lose the locker room.

No argument on AP being great or that he's made good players look bad. My point would not be made if Gamble had made the effort to at least tackle him. Because Gamble didn't, I made the thread.

Regarding Smith and Gamble... it was a rant with what I thought was an obviously ludicrous statement

#17 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

You were doing so good until Gamble. :(

#18 Fan01

Fan01

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

All he had to do was drive into the body to stand up MN's greatest play-maker

Really, what player in his right mind tackles AP high and stands him up. You have clearly lost control of your mental facilities.

#19 AviationMX

AviationMX

Mildly entertained

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

No this legitimate, i was at the game in the second row..and that whiff of a tackle made me stand up- i knew it was a horrible play. it was a complete miss....the defense is decimated, sure.. but it lacks coaching for the next guy up. And guys like gamble should make those plays, where is the veteran leadership on defense?

our guys were gassed by the 4Q, the D line was being pushed back off the line...

no sam mills in this D...no leadership, no guts...

#20 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

I hate when someone makes a bad thread and then they defend it to every poster. just admit you suck and move on.

#21 CarolinasBigEZ

CarolinasBigEZ

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

I really dont think its a good idea to put Smitty in a room ALONE with Gamble, could you imagine wat would take place? a CB at that, bad idea...

#22 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Gamble's a CB...

I'm not getting bogged down with your facts

#23 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

Really, what player in his right mind tackles AP high and stands him up. You have clearly lost control of your mental facilities.

Question for you then... when doing proper tackling do you:

A) Wrap up at the waist and drive into the body?
B) Dive at the feet and grab at the shoelaces?
C) Slap at the ball when directly facing your opponent in an open field?

#24 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

I hate when someone makes a bad thread and then they defend it to every poster. just admit you suck and move on.

Here's a thought.... how about you make an actual contribution, or move on?

And to every other poster in this thread, if you are a casual fan, then that's cool. If you don't know football, then don't act like you do and then act hoity toity when you are called out for your ignorance. You wanna have a civil discussion? Great. You wanna take it where you have been? Don't whine to me when you get schooled.

#25 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

Lol

Pretty entertaining thread.

God bless, cause this was funny.

#26 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

It wasn't a gap that Gamble should have shot through on that play. It was an open field tackle in the right flat. There was not going to be any "cavalry" coming. You should know by now that Gamble is the absolute king of the backle. He doesn't wrap up people ever. He jumps into them with his back and hopes they fall over. That being said, asking him to tackle AD in the open field one on one isn't really a good idea. When you hear coaches say that they try and put players in a position to succeed, well, putting Gamble out there to make an open field tackle on a tank is a bad idea defensively. It should have been a LB out there. Put Chris in a position to do what he is good at; shutting down #1 receivers.

#27 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

It wasn't a gap that Gamble should have shot through on that play. It was an open field tackle in the right flat. There was not going to be any "cavalry" coming. You should know by now that Gamble is the absolute king of the backle. He doesn't wrap up people ever. He jumps into them with his back and hopes they fall over. That being said, asking him to tackle AD in the open field one on one isn't really a good idea. When you hear coaches say that they try and put players in a position to succeed, well, putting Gamble out there to make an open field tackle on a tank is a bad idea defensively. It should have been a LB out there. Put Chris in a position to do what he is good at; shutting down #1 receivers.

Be that as it may, it was Gamble's responsibility to slow AP down. If he had made the attempt, this thread doesn't exist. As he didn't, here we are.