Photo
- - - - -

Carolina's Running Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

When DeAngelo makes game-breaking plays like he did against the Saints, I hear "crickets" from people like you.

You guys act like he couldn't be traded in the future... Not that I'd agree with that either though.

Everything will come together, the stars will align in this offense, and when it does (although I'm growing tired of waiting because I'm an impatient sob) this offense will be "Patriot-esque" or even better.

I know that we're all tired of waiting, but it will come. Continue being patient. Look at the bright side. This will be the last year for a very very long time that we'll have to be patient at all.

So sit back and enjoy this ride

I didn't slam DeAngelo at all, in fact I think my post is saying just the oppisite, learn to read before I smack you for being ignorant...:hand:

#17 Panfan35

Panfan35

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Off topic ...
Has anyone heard of this guy they are saying he is going to the top dt in the draft this year 6-5 350 very athletic noted as being the top 5 strongest guys in the country. He could be our guy..
Defensive Tackle Memphis JR****Dontari Poe

#18 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

I have no problem with our running game.

#19 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

which reinforces the notion you are clueless. we will need both backs and neither are capable of carrying the running game themselves.

Finally...someone on this board who makes sense 100% of the time. Props

#20 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

I am fine with resigning Deangelo. Did we pay too much money? yea, a little, but he IS still an explosive player. He may not have alot of 50 yard runs this season, but he has had alot of 10 and 15 yard runs that have made a difference on this offense. He has also made some nice catches, and is effective as a decoy and as a ball carrier in that new 3-headed formation we use.

We are also in position to not have to worry about signing another RB until Deangelo ether finishes his contract or is traded, because this office IS going to re-sign Stewart.

#21 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

which reinforces the notion you are clueless. we will need both backs and neither are capable of carrying the running game themselves.

in this offense? one of them is capable of carrying the run game. In Fox's they could carry it by themselves. Plus, our leading rusher in most games this season is Newton.....

Turner carries the run in Atl, AD does it in Minny......and what is asked of here is a fraction of their work in terms of abuse on their bodies.

Edited by CRA, 02 November 2011 - 08:23 AM.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

I have no problem with our running game.

Same here. I am not sure why anyone would be disappointed in our run game. First few games, it was disappointing, but now the run game is functioning pretty well. I am very happy with both our run and pass attacks. The only thing that bothers me about our offense right now is to many turnovers. All of our losses have been caused by some combination of turnovers, poor run defense, and screwups on special teams.

#23 vorbis

vorbis

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

this is a decent lil breakdown of the read option concept which is more and more becoming a staple of carolina's running game - http://blogs.thescor...inas-zone-read/

#24 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

this is a decent lil breakdown of the read option concept which is more and more becoming a staple of carolina's running game - http://blogs.thescor...inas-zone-read/

read option is a good wrinkle......NFL defenses just don't see it on a weekly basis. Simple...yet effective w/ the players to run it.

#25 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

Most of the good NFL teams have a "stable" of running backs. New Orleans: Ingram, Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Jets: Tomlinson, Greene, Vikings: Peterson, Gerhart, Harvin (i know Harvin doesn't normally play RB but he can and does sometimes), Giants: Bradshaw, Jacobs. Due to injuries, tiredness, and a need for a "change of pace" this is obviously the correct approach. So I think it would be dumb as hell to let either Dwill or Jstew go.

#26 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

This sounds like they took the "advice" from NCAA 12 on read options and tried to make it their own.

#27 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Most of the good NFL teams have a "stable" of running backs. New Orleans: Ingram, Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Jets: Tomlinson, Greene, Vikings: Peterson, Gerhart, Harvin (i know Harvin doesn't normally play RB but he can and does sometimes), Giants: Bradshaw, Jacobs. Due to injuries, tiredness, and a need for a "change of pace" this is obviously the correct approach. So I think it would be dumb as hell to let either Dwill or Jstew go.

outside of adrian peterson, who carries the rock full time regardless of who is next in line...how much do those teams pay their entire line up of running backs?

#28 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

Dwill's contract has $21 mill guaranteed with a max value of $43 million. It's a 5 year contract. Look at the way our offensive philosophy has shifted....I don't see him hitting all his incentives and maxing out the contract. So he is essentially making $4 mill a year. Jstew has a 5 year $14 mill contract with $10.75 mill guaranteed. So he is at about $2 mill a year. So we are spending ~$6 mill a year on RBs. Neither running backs are getting a huge share of the carries so I don't see them making their incentives and maxing their contracts. What is there to complain about?

#29 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

Dwill's contract has $21 mill guaranteed with a max value of $43 million. It's a 5 year contract. Look at the way our offensive philosophy has shifted....I don't see him hitting all his incentives and maxing out the contract. So he is essentially making $4 mill a year. Jstew has a 5 year $14 mill contract with $10.75 mill guaranteed. So he is at about $2 mill a year. So we are spending ~$6 mill a year on RBs. Neither running backs are getting a huge share of the carries so I don't see them making their incentives and maxing their contracts. What is there to complain about?

what people fail to realize is there may be only 5 million in "incentives"...and his contract is front loaded.

he's already pocket almost 23 million this season alone from his signing bonus and base salary. there's only 20 million left on his contract.

the way the break down is worded, i suspect the "5 million of his second year base salary" is simply another bonus for being on the roster next season.

that means he will collect 10+ million next season.

if williams is on the roster for another 2-3 season, he will have collected better than 75% of the 43 million dollars.

i don't blame him for this ridiculous mess, i blame the front office.

#30 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Watch the vid in my sig and understand why these guys are vital to our team.