• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Thomas Davis will return to the Panthers...

Regarding Bell, he is a rookie just like Fua. Not sure if he is the answer on the OL, but I certainly wouldn't write him off based on 8 games in his rookie season.

I think 2012 corps will be.

Beason/Anderson/Davis/Thomas Williams/Omar Gaither/Jason Philips/4th or later draft pick.

that might be the depth chart entering the 1st preseason game. Davis is done. He won't play next season.

His body has said it loud and clear......Carolina should step up for Davis on good and say it's over. Athletes too often refuse to accept reality

Byron Bell? Do you watch Panthers games?

Jordan Gross is 32 years old. I doubt a VHT OT would replace him at LT in 4 or 5 years. Probably 1 year at most, allowing Gross back over to the RT.

I don't get what your point is here, but if anyone is "ignoring" the OT situation it's you. Otah is the biggest ? on the team and this guy, sadly, appears he doesn't have the body/conditioning/luck to play in the NFL.

And I could care less if Ryan is Matt's little bro. He could be Mike Vick's bro for all I care but the guy is arguably the best OT in NCAA and has pro coaching, facilities, and blood lines to succeed at the next level.

Again, I realize that a lot of fans want a sexy pick but OT is clearly the biggest need IN THE DRAFT. No need to pass up on one of these players just to draft a OLB or DT that doesn't warrant a top 10 pick.

lol. You create an entire response to my initial post and you completely whiff on the point. You continue to ramble on about Otah's injury history and other crap, but you still miss the point.

Byron Bell has played at a good enough level that the FO wants him as the future. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it. It doesn't matter if you don't like it. The coaching staff loves him as a player, and as said before and you ignored, his play warrants their praise. Anyone who actually watches the games would see this. More than likely your opinion of Bell is something along the lines of:

"herp derp he's had a penalty in three straight game you moron herp need Ryan's brother herp derp"

I challenge you to rewatch the game and focus on Bell's play before making any more misinformed opinionated remarks about our OT situation. You're too stubborn to let it change your opinion, but at least deep down it will be easier for you to accept when we pass on Ryan's brother come April now that you are armed with a proper evaluation of the situation.

Regarding Bell, he is a rookie just like Fua. Not sure if he is the answer on the OL, but I certainly wouldn't write him off based on 8 games in his rookie season.

Especially when he has been far and away the second best rookie on the team, behind only Cam himself.

Especially when he has been far and away the second best rookie on the team, behind only Cam himself.

I disagree, that honor belongs to Hogan.

He hasn't given us a reason to believe he sucks yet.

lol. You create an entire response to my initial post and you completely whiff on the point. You continue to ramble on about Otah's injury history and other crap, but you still miss the point.

Byron Bell has played at a good enough level that the FO wants him as the future. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it. It doesn't matter if you don't like it. The coaching staff loves him as a player, and as said before and you ignored, his play warrants their praise. Anyone who actually watches the games would see this. More than likely your opinion of Bell is something along the lines of:

"herp derp he's had a penalty in three straight game you moron herp need Ryan's brother herp derp"

I challenge you to rewatch the game and focus on Bell's play before making any more misinformed opinionated remarks about our OT situation. You're too stubborn to let it change your opinion, but at least deep down it will be easier for you to accept when we pass on Ryan's brother come April now that you are armed with a proper evaluation of the situation.

I'm not rambling about Otah's injury. It SHOULD be a major concern to anyone who intelligently follows the team.

I'm not sure who "Herp Derp" is, but when your little sister gets off the computer let me know.

I think we have him in McClain personally.

DT's just don't produce their first year, not sure why this is so hard to accept. I think we'll be ok at DT going into next season.

I don't have CB as a need either considering the play of our top three guys and the prospect we have in Hogan.

We don't need to HOPE to be okay at DT. Which is probably the second most pivotal position on the defense, behind DE. We need a great DT, especially one that is going to be motivated to get a big contract with the rookie wage scale.

Honestly, we just need to just take the BPA of a few positions.

With the passing game becoming more and more important, we need players who can stop other offenses.

Linebackers are just not as important as defensive line, plus with the players coming back we will be at worst just be okay there.

Now, if there is a Revis available, you take him, those players are franchise changers.

IMO, the only type of players you spend top 10 picks on are QB, LT, DT/DE, QB, or CB. No other position is worthy, again in my opinion.

Hey I'm pulling for Bell, but right now he looks like a decent back up.

Why? Tell me why you say this.

Has it been his excellency in pass protection? Has it been his promise in the run game? Or are you simply saying this because you don't believe someone as unsexy as Bell could be given the "future" tag? Are you mentally using his penalties to justify that assumption. I want to know what he has done other play well to make you say that OT is some glaring need, especially how nice of depth Otah would be (who, btw, the prospect of moving to Guard is hilarious)

We should definitely be in position to get Burfict, IMO. He should be there as late as 10-12 range unless someone reaches. His stock has fallen somewhat lately.

Jonathan Martin would be an outstanding pick, but there's very little chance of him dropping that far. The Cardinals will almost certainly pick ahead of us and BADLY need an OT, so unless they're picking high enough to snag Kalil (unlikely between the Colts, Dolphins, & Rams) Martin should fall right to them.

Riley Reiff is a definite possibility, but honestly I feel like Hurney/Rivera want to give Otah one more shot and that they really like Byron Bell even if Otah doesn't pan out injury-wise. It's tough for me to see them spending a high pick on a tackle with Otah still on the roster, which he will almost certainly be. Maybe if it were only Bell at RT we'd take one, but with Otah AND Bell? Unlikely.

I'm telling you guys; do NOT be shocked if Michael Floyd is a Panther come draft day. WR may not be a huge need, but Floyd's value is good at that spot and we need a top prospect to groom as Smitty's replacement long-term. I WISH it could be Blackmon, but that's a pipe dream. He'll be gone by 3rd overall - likely to the Rams. Alshon Jeffery still is possible to drop, but I'm honestly not a fan. I have Floyd rated above him, actually.

Right now, my board looks something like:

1. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

2. Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State

3. Zach Brown, LB, UNC

4. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

5. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

We don't need to HOPE to be okay at DT. Which is probably the second most pivotal position on the defense, behind DE. We need a great DT, especially one that is going to be motivated to get a big contract with the rookie wage scale.

Honestly, we just need to just take the BPA of a few positions.

With the passing game becoming more and more important, we need players who can stop other offenses.

Linebackers are just not as important as defensive line, plus with the players coming back we will be at worst just be okay there.

Now, if there is a Revis available, you take him, those players are franchise changers.

IMO, the only type of players you spend top 10 picks on are QB, LT, DT/DE, QB, or CB. No other position is worthy, again in my opinion.

One thing to look at is that Ron Rivera said Fua and Mclain is the future of DT position on our team. So if you ask me he wants to give them time to develop and the rotation with Ron Edwards will benefit well.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    David Teper

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts