Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alshon Jeffery to Panthers?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently the word "homer" has a different meaning than it used to. If you have a different opinion than someone else then you are a "homer". Good to know.

Posted

We don't need anymore receivers you dumb f**ktards

Posted

Apparently the word "homer" has a different meaning than it used to. If you have a different opinion than someone else then you are a "homer". Good to know.

Apparently you haven't see his other posts on this subject.

We don't need anymore receivers you dumb f**ktards

Probably not right this moment but a WR, AJ or Blackmon, could be the best available player when this team picks, and Gettis is coming off a major injury and might not be a number one regardless. As well as the fact that Smith, as good as he is playing, is still getting older and it seems that players in the NFL are good one year and seem to get old and inaffective overnight, so it couldn't hurt to cover our bases, but whatev, to each his own. Obviously defense is a need.

Posted

Right on the money. Just because my opinion differs from others here, people resort to petty insults like "homer" because they have no other mental justification that someone could possibly disagree with what they deemed to be fact.

There are many many many scouting websites that agree with me, and what some of the posters here going to have to accept is that not everyone sees it the way they do.

Posted

It has nothing to do with being from USC, I'm just not as in love with him as the Gamecock fans here.

I don't want Coples, didn't want Quinn or Loafholt when he came out. Thought AP was too risky given his injury history, etc.

Adrian's Injury History? He was injured two times in college. Everyone thinks he was injury prone in college, when that is simply not the case. If you are an OU fan like I am, you know these things.

He played every game his freshman year. No injuries.

He played every game his sophomore year (had an ankle sprain for 3 games, but still played).

His junior year, he had the freak injury after 6 games where he dived into the endzone and broke his collar bone.

We are talking about a running back.. his knee's, his ankles, his feet are all perfect. Why in the world would you not want us to draft Adrian, other than the fact that we already had DeAngelo? Adrian was the surest thing at RB since... hell, no RB looked as NFL ready as Adrian did coming out.

HoF'r Marcus Allen said that Adrian Peterson was the first RB he has ever seen that looked like he could have come out of high school into the NFL.. he was that gifted.

Posted

Blackmon please

Posted

Off-topic, I think Marcus Lattimore would be a top 15 pick if he were able to enter the draft this year.

Posted

WR may not be the biggest need, but if we are picking in the top 5, you cannot reach on a DT or LB if no one is worthy of the pick. You take Blackmon and focus on defense for the rest of the draft and FA.

Posted

WR may not be the biggest need, but if we are picking in the top 5, you cannot reach on a DT or LB if no one is worthy of the pick. You take Blackmon and focus on defense for the rest of the draft and FA.

I agree Blackmon should be rated over Jefferey. However.. Top 5?

We'd pick 7th if the draft was tomorrow. Seattle, Denver, and Cleveland look like they'll fall below us which will leave us around 10.

Posted

I agree Blackmon should be rated over Jefferey. However.. Top 5?

We'd pick 7th if the draft was tomorrow. Seattle, Denver, and Cleveland look like they'll fall below us which will leave us around 10.

It was meant more of a hypothetically speaking. I was saying we shouldn't reach on a Brandon Thompson/Zach Brown if we are picking very high in the draft.

Posted

we have two 2nd round picks. blackmon, jeffery, broyles, floyd, toon etc won't all be picked in the 1st round will they?

Posted

When did we pick up an extra second round pick?

News to me.